Dell boosts channel programmes with new software competencies
By Digital News Asia November 22, 2013
- Enables channel partners to sell end-to-end solutions through one simple programme
- Includes marketing fund; free or low-cost online and instructor-led training
DELL Inc has announced improvements to its channel partner programmes, including software-specific enhancements to its PartnerDirect programme through four new software competencies.
The enhancements would enable Dell channel partners to sell end-to-end solutions through one simple programme, and increase the scope and revenue potential of their partnerships, the company said in a statement.
Partners selling a mix of Dell hardware and software can now achieve Premier status through a mixed competency, while an advanced competency offers a path to Premier for partners specialising in a single line of business.
The KACE, AppAssure, and SonicWALL partner communities had been transitioned earlier in the programme’s lifecycle and fit well into the four software competencies announced, Dell said.
Historically, the Dell PartnerDirect programme has focused on enabling and promoting hardware sales for its partners.
Over the past year, the company launched an aggressive strategy to build scalable enterprise software offerings into its solution portfolio in the areas of data centre and cloud management, information management, mobile-workforce management, and security and data protection, with the objective of becoming a full service, end-to-end IT solutions provider.
The new software competencies are:
- Security: Includes identity and access management, as well as network, endpoint and email security;
- Systems management: Includes client management, performance monitoring, Windows Server management, virtualisation and cloud;
- Data protection: Includes enterprise backup/recovery, virtual protection, application protection and disaster recovery; and
- Information management: Includes database management, business intelligence/ analytics, applications and data integration, and big data analytics.
Dell Software partners can now take advantage of vital PartnerDirect benefits including:
- New paths to Premier status to drive even greater revenue potential, including a blended competency for partners selling Dell’s end-to-end hardware and software offerings;
- Rewards for training and sales achievement through Dell Partner AdvantEdge;
- Marketing and Market Development Funding for lead generation;
- Concierge-level, white glove support from the Certified Partner Resource Desk; and
- Free or low-cost online and instructor-led training
Dell transformation to help customers transform, says senior exec
Dell Malaysia appoints new MD
Dell eyes growth in public sector and managed services
For more technology news and the latest updates, follow @dnewsasia on Twitter or Like us on Facebook.
Author Name :
By commenting below, you agree to abide by our ground rules.