iflix launches in Malaysia with free 14-day trial
By Digital News Asia May 28, 2015
- Unlimited access to over 10K hours of Western, Asian and local content
- Subscriptions priced at RM10 per month or RM96 per year
INTERNET TV service iflix has announced the launch of its new service in Malaysia, saying that consumers can immediately sign up for a 14-day trial granting full access to all of its features and content without having to submit credit card or payment details.
“We are incredibly excited to bring iflix’s fantastic service to Malaysia, and are 100% committed to continuously improving that service,” said Azran Osman-Rani, iflix group chief operating officer and iflix Malaysia chief executive officer.
“We will continue to iterate and introduce new features and upgrades in the coming weeks, including an upcoming ability to download programs for offline viewing, and any other improvements based on customer feedback.” He added.
Subscriptions will entitle users to:
- Unlimited access to iflix’s of over 10,000 hours of Western, Asian and local content;
- Access on up to five devices of users’ choice, whether phone, tablet, laptop, desktop, connected TV or other connected device; and
- Share an iflix subscription and simultaneously watch different content on two different devices at the same time for each subscription;
Monthly subscriptions for unlimited access to iflix will be priced at RM10 (US$2.76) per month. Annual subscriptions for unlimited access to iflix for one year will receive a 20% discount on the monthly rate and are priced at RM96 (US$26.53) per year.
Amongst the titles available are The Big Bang Theory, Modern Family, Glee, Sherlock, Transformers, The Dark Knight, and Star Trek; popular Malay drama Ariana Rose, Korean drama Bel Ami and more. Emmy-nominated Black Sails will also be available exclusively on iflix.
Patrick Grove’s South-East Asian gamble on VOD
iflix secures content deals with Fox, BBC and Warner Bros.
Catcha’s iflix gets Hollywood bigwigs on its advisory board
For more technology news and the latest updates, follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn or Like us on Facebook.
Author Name :
By commenting below, you agree to abide by our ground rules.