Digi launches ‘CXO Apprentice’ talent recruitment programme
By Digital News Asia March 4, 2016
- Matches 8 apprentices with 8 C-level execs, including the CEO, for a year
- Digi partnering with various private and public universities
DIGI Telecommunications Sdn Bhd has launched its CXO Apprentice programme, which will have fresh graduates compete for eight exclusive spots to apprentice with its senior management team for a year.
In a statement, Digi said it is looking for young talents from any background who want to work in a digital company. These apprentices will spend a year working directly with Digi’s C-level executives, receiving first-hand guidance in everything they will do.
“We are at a point of a major transition in the workforce, where Malaysia’s young talents are projected to account for 50% of the active workforce in the next five years,” said chief executive officer Albern Murty.
“As society, businesses and economies shift to become increasingly connected and digital, we have an opportunity to play a key role in grooming, shaping and accelerating the development of a major share of our future working adults and leaders who will help shape Malaysia’s digital future and ambitions,” he added.
Digi said it will also partner with various private and public universities to engage with suitable candidates for the annual programme.
According to the company, the candidates will get, amongst others:
- Accelerated learning and development that would give them a competitive edge at the start of their careers;
- Front row seats to decision-making, driving business and digital ambitions;
- Direct CXO mentorship and guidance for one year; and
- Global exposure to Telenor Group’s businesses across 13 markets in Asia and Europe.
“There are jobs today that did not exist 10 years ago – data scientist, social media manager, digital marketer – and in the coming years, there will be new roles with new skillsets that do not exist now,” said Digi chief human resource officer Haroon Bhatti.
“At the speed our industry is changing, we need a very fast, agile, disruptive way to bring young talent through the developmental levels quickly,” he added.
Who should apply?
Final-year university students about to graduate with a Bachelor’s Degree or fresh graduates who have worked for less than a year, from any background, and who:
- Can communicate well and with confidence;
- Have the will to win;
- Possess a collaborative attitude;
- Are able to reason out issues and solve problems;
- Desire to overcome challenges; and
- Want to work in a digital company
Submissions to apprentice are open from now until April 15. To find out more or to apply, go to www.digi.com.my/cxoapprentice.
Gen Z: Hungry and impatient for success
The enterprise and Generation Z
The workplace of the future: Reality vs myth
For more technology news and the latest updates, follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn or Like us on Facebook.