CIOs urged to proactively and strategically drive transformation towards business growth
Latest Channel Index Survey finds ‘climate of innovation’ among CIOs in Asia Pacific
CA Technologies is urging CIOs (chief information officers) in Malaysia to embrace disruptive technologies such as cloud, mobile, social, and big data, and put IT in the driver’s seat to create business innovation.
The global IT landscape is shifting rapidly, and this is most evident in Asia Pacific, home to some of the most dynamic markets in the world, the company said in a statement.
“We’re living in an Age of Innovation in Asia Pacific, and IT is at the heart of this incredible socio-economic transformation,” Victor Cheng, vice president of Asia South at CA Technologies. “IT can provide the innovation, speed, insight, and security necessary for organisations to succeed.”
“The question now lies with CIOs if they want to proactively and strategically drive this transformation towards business growth, or remain tactical in maintaining IT infrastructures,” he said at the recent CA Expo ‘13 Kuala Lumpur, attended by more than 200 IT and business leaders.
“CIOs everywhere are coping with an increasingly complex IT environment while constantly being pressured to do more with less,” said Peter Yong, director, CA IT Infrastructure Solutions, country representative partner of CA Technologies in Malaysia.
“To succeed in this new world of IT, CIOs need to be strategic and focused in balancing the delivering of normal IT services and creation of new services to drive business growth,” he added.
Climate of innovation in APAC
At CA Expo ‘13 Kuala Lumpur, CA Technologies also unveiled the results from the latest Channel Index Survey, an annual study that tracks the IT industry outlook of CA Technologies partners. This year’s study polled 554 global partners of CA Technologies through an online survey.
The Channel Index Survey found a climate of innovation among CIOs in Asia Pacific. They are increasingly switching their IT budgets from routine maintenance toward more innovative projects that enable revenue-generating services for businesses, CA Technologies said.
In fact, Asia Pacific channel partners say that 33% of their time is spent helping their customers innovate. The conventional wisdom is that 80% of a company’s IT budget is typically spent on maintenance and operations, leaving just 20% for innovation initiatives.
Despite the uncertainty of today’s global economy, 46% of Asia Pacific channel partners think that IT budgets will improve, while 36% believe their budget will remain the same. Mobility, big data and cloud are the three disruptive technologies identified by CIOs as their IT investment priorities.
Enterprise mobility strategy and solutions
CA Technologies also announced the availability of CA Mobile Device Management (CA MDM) and plans to introduce additional innovative enterprise mobility solutions.
These solutions will help increase workplace productivity and collaboration, and will manage mobile enterprise applications across all environments from a single administrative interface, the company claimed.
CA Mobile Device Management helps IT embrace Bring-Your-Own-Device (BYOD) policy by providing the necessary visibility and management tools for a wide variety of mobile devices.
Additionally, the highly scalable CA MDM can be integrated into the enterprise security architecture and secure data ‘at rest’ and ‘in transit’ across all devices, the company said. Over-the-air (OTA) application delivery and analytics showing app usage helps IT easily distribute and monitor key enterprise applications and keep them current with automatic updates.
CA MDM also provides a robust self-service capability that can transform a device from unmanaged to managed in 90 seconds. The self-service portal streamlines enrollment and provisioning; provides the ability to remotely lock and selectively wipe a lost device; remove enterprise controls; and de-provision workers’ devices when they leave the workplace.
”Enterprise mobility is a game changer for many organisations facing an increasingly mobile workforce and a surging bring-your-own-device culture among IT-savvy information workers.
“CA Technologies enables CIOs to embrace enterprise mobility by helping to ensure the security of enterprise mobile assets, management of multiple devices, diversity and management of mobile platforms, and investments in making mobile applications,” said Vic Mankotia (pic), vice president, Solution Strategy, Asia Pacific & Japan.
CA Technologies’ mobility solutions will be launched in phases across Asia Pacific.
Embrace disruptive technologies to drive business: CA Tech
IT management today is more complex, CA hopes to simplify it
Megatrends fast changing the role of CIOs: Forrester
For more technology news and the latest updates, follow @dnewsasia on Twitter or Like us on Facebook.