Maxis launches integrated digital solution for advertisers
By Digital News Asia July 31, 2012
- Integrates multiple digital platforms for advertisers to target consumers with content tailored to their specific interests
- Advertisers can reach out to Maxis’ 8mil active mobile Internet users and 5mil customers who have opted in
MAXIS Berhad has launched its Best Integrated Go-To-Market (B.I.G) Media solution which it said offers advertisers the opportunity to reach out to Maxis’ large customer base via a one-stop shop for both online and mobile advertising.
Maxis B.I.G. Media integrates multiple digital platforms that will enable advertisers to target consumers with content tailored to the specific interests of consumers in a cost-effective manner, the company said in a statement.
“Global mobile advertising revenue is growing at a rapid pace and in Malaysia specifically, we believe that mobile marketing is on the verge of a new era promising huge potential for advertisers,” said T. Kugan (pic), head of Product, Device, Innovation & Roaming at Maxis.
With Maxis B.I.G Media, advertisers can reach out to Maxis’ customer base of eight million active mobile Internet users, as well as a community of five million customers who have already opted to receive mobile advertising, the company claimed.
With the telco industry generating rich CRM (customer relationship management) information ranging from basic demographics such as age and gender to more specific data such as mobile device models and locations, customers can also receive relevant, rich and visually impactful advertising content on their mobile phones, Maxis said.
The advertising platforms integrated under Maxis B.I.G. Media include:
- myDeals, an interactive permission-based SMS and MMS mobile advertising service with comprehensive targeting capabilities offering outreach options for brands and a way for customers to stay on top of deals tailored to their profile;
- MYLAUNCHPAD, a Malaysian discovery portal with more than 10 verticals featuring the latest news, entertainment, music and games downloads that allows ample advertising opportunities for enhanced customer reach, both online and on mobile;
- Location based advertising, using location tracking technology that enables users to deliver location-specific advertisements to potential customers, subsequently leading them to their store for engagement (to be available later this year);
- Text alerts, a non-intrusive SMS-based tag-on text ad; and
- Mobile banners, which offers a rich graphical experience that is excellent for branding and a gateway for engagements. With rich media in the pipeline, it takes the user experience to the next level. Currently, mobile banner ads are available on our Mobile Portal.