Fave launches Asean tech hub in Kuala Lumpur
By Digital News Asia February 28, 2022
- Aims to onboard up to 100 engineers in 2022
- Tech Hub serves as platform to groom engineering talent, drive digital innovation
Fave has recently launched its Tech Hub in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia as a part of its efforts in evolving the fintech landscape and groom top class engineering talents and drive digital innovation in Southeast Asia (Asean), the company said in a statement.
In collaboration with training partner iTrain and universities, Fave’s Tech Hub aims to onboard up to 100 engineers in 2022, the smart payments platform, it said.
Tech Hub will provide participants with training, professional certification, mentoring and coaching, product development projects, as well workshops and eventually placement offerings across Fave and Pine Labs companies, it added.
Fave said kickstarting with the first batch, the programme will mainly focus on fresh graduates, making them industry-ready.
Besides opening to fresh graduates from coding academies and universities, the programme also targets individuals who are career shifters/ self learners who have strong interest in software engineering, learning through Youtube, Coursera, Udemy, Stack Overflow, LinkedIn, Fave said.
As a recurring programme, the Tech Hub will be the foundational first step in Fave’s commitment to continuous growth of the engineering talent pipeline in Southeast Asia, the company said.
Arzumy MD, chief technology officer of Fave, said it is beyond essential to invest into growing talent that is the backbone of the booming fintech ecosystem in the region.
“With the launch of Fave’s Tech Hub and our versatile training approach, we are confident in shaping the next generation of experts to revolutionise SEA’s fintech landscape.
“We only see this as the first step in fostering world-class product engineering — a booming career path in Malaysia, Southeast Asia and beyond,” he said.
Fave’s roadmap to building world-class fintech engineering talents in Southeast Asia is anchored by three pillars:
- Ecosystem Building: Partnering with top educational institutions in Malaysia to identify and upskill talent through adjunct lectures, development workshops, career guidance and mentoring workshops;
- Readiness Training: Occupational training and skills development will be achieved through a strong partnership with iTrain, who will helm the rigorous six weeks technical and soft-skill modules; and
- The 'Good to Great' Initiative: A post-training programme segment where upskilled participants are assigned responsibility to empower and grow other engineers, as well as non-technical team members and manage full project streams.
Fave said it is on the lookout for individuals with a methodical and structured thought process with strong collaboration skills, quick understanding of new concepts and strong communication abilities.
Over a period of four cohorts scheduled on March 21, May 9, July 4 and Sept 5, the company aims to double its internship intakes that will raise the bar in product engineering in Southeast Asia.
To enroll in Fave’s training programme, fresh graduates with guided/ self-learnt coding background are encouraged to apply.
To be part of this exciting programme, click here to apply, registration for the first intake closes on March 3.
Related Stories :