Singtel in smart home consumer push
By Digital News Asia January 11, 2016
- Looking at home automation and safety, elderly care, connected car
- Has signed MoUs with Samsung and NCS to develop solutions
SINGAPORE Telecommunications Ltd (Singtel) said its Consumer arm would be rolling out a series of integrated smart city solutions throughout 2016, under what it is calling ‘smart living.’
These integrated solutions will help consumers live better by managing anything from their homes and vehicles, to family health and safety, the company said in a statement.
The Smart Living Solutions are premised on three key areas:
- Home automation and safety: Allowing seamless connectivity and control of locks, cameras and appliances in the home;
- Health and elderly monitoring: Measuring elderly activities, tracking personal health data through connected health devices like blood pressure monitor, glucometer, pulse oximeter, thermometer and weighing scale; and
- Connected cars: Providing driving analytics, basic maintenance information, vehicle diagnostics and receiving real-time information on traffic conditions
“We want to play a key role in smart, connected living and homes of the future through an intelligent open platform with a rich ecosystem of partners.
“We are in a unique position to do so with our extensive network infrastructure capabilities in info-communications, cybersecurity and analytics across the group,” he added.
Singtel said it is working with an ecosystem of partners, including Samsung and NCS, which recently signed memoranda of understanding with Singtel to collaborate on smart home solutions for the Singapore market.
“Our partnership with Singtel and NCS is synergistic, dynamic and most importantly built on a shared vision,” said Yong Sung Jeon, president and chief executive officer of South-East Asia at Samsung Electronics.
“Together we will grow an open IoT (Internet of Things) ecosystem in Singapore,” he added.
Field trials and solutions will be rolled out progressively from early 2016, Singtel said.
Smart home security: It’s on you, people
Igloohome out to solve the ‘Airbnb problem’ on the host side
Ambi Labs out to make air-conditioners truly ‘smart’
For more technology news and the latest updates, follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn or Like us on Facebook.
SingTel Smart Home Samsung NCS Home Automation Elderly Care Connected Car Yuen Kuan Moon Yong Sung Jeon
Author Name :
By commenting below, you agree to abide by our ground rules.