McAfee offers ‘elastic security’ for hybrid data centres
By Digital News Asia August 29, 2013
- New version of McAfee Data Center Server Security Suite for hybrid data centres unveiled
- Company claims it discovers all workloads, protects servers and securely enables the cloud
SECURITY solutions company McAfee has announced a new version of its data centre security solution that it claimed addresses enterprises’ growing need to leverage the scalability and cost savings of running workloads in public clouds like Amazon Web Services.
When enterprises move workloads to a public cloud, they want to know their data is protected, the company said in a statement.
The McAfee Data Center Server Security Suite for Server provides complete visibility to all workloads in hybrid data centres so enterprises can securely expand into any cloud environment. This added flexibility gives organisations ‘elastic security’ that is auto-deployed when new virtual devices are provisioned either on-premise or in the public cloud, the company said.
The new McAfee Data Center Security Suite for Server allows organisations to:
- Discover all workloads including those from VMware’s vCenter and Amazon Web Services to provide the security administrator with complete visibility of the security status.
- Protect every physical and virtual machine in the hybrid data centre with fine-grained policy management and data centre trust attestation with ease-of-use manageability with McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator.
- Expand compute capacity securely into the private and public cloud and ensure identical security posture between on-premise and cloud-based machines.
The company also said that McAfee Data Center security optimises security, flexibility and manageability of virtual environments with its MOVE AV functionality, providing a simplified security solution for companies investing in virtualisation for data centres, applications and desktops.
Customers now have complete visibility to all workloads on-premise and in the cloud, which then enables them to secure all important workloads. With the ability to expand their compute resources into the public cloud while also securing these workloads, customers can now maintain their security posture even in the public cloud, McAfee said.
“Enterprises must stay compliant and meet government regulations and that is a typical barrier for organisations which want to move workloads into the cloud,” said Rishi Bhargava, vice president of data centre security at McAfee.
“With McAfee’s latest Data Center Server Security Suite and its elastic security, enterprises are now empowered to do just that. McAfee provides comprehensive security from servers to networking to storage.”
McAfee outlines strategy for the future of business security
VMware touts next generation software-defined data centers
‘Next-gen security’ from Juniper comes with attacker intelligence service
Defending modern data centers
For more technology news and the latest updates, follow @dnewsasia on Twitter or Like us on Facebook.