CyberSecurity Malaysia in MoU with CERT Australia
By Digital News Asia April 25, 2014
- Countries to share info and knowledge on cyber-security
- 5yr MoU lays out plans for collaborations and partnerships
CYBERSECURITY Malaysia (CSM) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Australian Government’s Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT Australia) that it said would pave the way for more cyber-security collaboration between both countries.
The MoU involves the two countries assisting each other in mitigating cyber-threats via information- and knowledge-sharing on security technology, reported incidents, new threats and best practices against cyber-crime, CSM said in a statement.
“This MoU is essential for CyberSecurity Malaysia and CERT Australia to explore potential initiatives for mitigating cross-border cyber-crime matters,” said CSM chief executive officer Dr Amirudin Abdul Wahab (pic).
“Furthermore, this memorandum would enable the exchange of information and strategies for effective cyber-security incident response,” he added.
The five-year MoU lays out plans for collaborations and partnerships focused on establishing and strengthening collaborative efforts related to cyber-security and computer emergency response, CSM said.
The initiatives that both parties agreed on include:
- Establishing channels for the exchange of information;
- Delegations and visits as appropriate;
- The exchange of threat response and incident-handling information related to each country;
- Establishing cross-border incident-handling and cyber-security projects;
- Sharing strategies for effective cyber-security incident response; and
- Other forms of collaboration upon mutual agreement by both parties.
The MoU also promotes cooperation in field technology research, and development and innovation in cyber-security, CSM said.
CSM, an agency under Malaysia’s Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation, also runs the Malaysia Computer Emergency Response Team (MyCERT) and holds the permanent secretariat position for the organisation of CERTs among the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) countries, or OIC-CERT.
It is also currently the chair of the World Trustmark Alliance.
APAC emergency response teams in drills with OIC, Euro counterparts
Cybersecurity Malaysia appointed OIC-CERT secretariat
CSM chief Dr Amir appointed chairman of World Trustmark Alliance
For more technology news and the latest updates, follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn or Like us on Facebook.
Author Name :
By commenting below, you agree to abide by our ground rules.