New IBM MobileFirst for iOS apps unveiled at MWC 2015
By Digital News Asia March 13, 2015
- More than 50 foundational clients on board, company says
- Apps embedded with analytics, linked to core enterprise processes
THE IBM MobileFirst for iOS portfolio has been expanded to address the banking and financial services, airline, and retail industries, IBM Corp announced at the recent Mobile World Congress (MWC 2015) in Barcelona.
These next IBM MobileFirst for iOS apps are immediately available, the company said in a statement.
More than 50 foundational clients including Air Canada, American Eagle Outfitters, Banorte, Boots UK, Citi and Sprint have signed on for these apps, IBM said.
“Delivering exceptional customer care is at the heart of the Boots customer experience, and mobile technology unlocks new levels of convenience and accessibility for our customers,” said Robin Phillips, director of Multichannel at Boots UK.
“The pilot of the IBM MobileFirst for iOS Sales Assist app will seek to explore how we can further empower our colleagues to be able to turn each customer interaction into a unique and personal experience.
“Boots colleagues will have access to real-time data and insight from across the company in the palm of their hands, allowing them to offer shoppers even greater levels of service – including real-time stock availability and easy in store ordering,” Phillips added.
The new IBM MobileFirst for iOS apps include:
- Passenger Care (Travel and Transportation): Empowers customer service agents to address traveller needs from anywhere, offering passengers a smoother, more personalised experience while speeding check-in and easing airport congestion.
- Dynamic Buy (Retail): Retailers gain real-time perspective and data-driven recommendations on how products are performing and seasonal recommendations, for example, helping them realise better return on investments.
- Advisor Alerts (Banking and Financial Services): Uses analytics to help financial professionals prioritise client-related tasks on-the-go, empowering them to make well-informed, timely decisions.
“We set out to transform how millions of workers consume, process and use information when they are outside the four walls of the office,” said Fred Balboni, IBM general manager, IBM and Apple partnership.
“Our goal is to boost the performance of every enterprise by making all its data and processes available to any employee with an iOS device – anytime, anywhere,” he added.
Built exclusively for the iPhone and iPad, IBM MobileFirst for iOS apps are delivered in a secure environment, embedded with analytics and linked to core enterprise processes.
The apps can be customised for any organisation and easily deployed, managed and upgraded via cloud services from IBM specifically for iOS devices, IBM claimed.
IBM MobileFirst for iOS apps are now available to enterprise customers in banking, retail, insurance, financial services, telecommunications, energy and utilities and for governments and airlines.
For more information on the new Apple and IBM solutions, go here (IBM) or here (Apple).
Apple and IBM deliver first wave of apps for MobileFirst
50 hues of Big Blue: IBM’s transformation, according to Paul Moung
Forrester’s top tech predictions for APAC in 2015
For more technology news and the latest updates, follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn or Like us on Facebook.
Author Name :
By commenting below, you agree to abide by our ground rules.