Apple and IBM deliver first wave of apps for MobileFirst
By Digital News Asia December 15, 2014
- Big data analytics and security capabilities arrive on iPhone and iPad
- Aimed at BFSI, retail, telco, government, airlines and other verticals
APPLE Inc and IBM Inc said they have delivered the first wave of IBM MobileFirst for iOS solutions, new made-for-business apps and supporting cloud services that bring IBM’s big data and analytics capabilities to iPhone and iPad users in the enterprise.
IBM MobileFirst for iOS solutions are now available to enterprise customers in banking, retail, insurance, financial services, telecommunications and for governments and airlines, IBM said in a statement.
IBM clients currently announcing support for IBM MobileFirst for iOS solutions include Citi, Air Canada, Sprint and Banorte.
“What we’re delivering aims directly at the new quest of business – smart technologies that unlock new value at the intersection of big data and individual engagement,” said Bridget van Kralingen, senior vice president, IBM Global Business Services.
“Our collaboration combines IBM’s industry expertise and unmatched position in enterprise computing, with Apple’s legendary user experience and excellence in product design to lift the performance of a new generation of business professionals,” she said.
Built exclusively for iPhone and iPad, IBM MobileFirst for iOS apps are delivered in a secure environment, embedded with analytics and linked to core enterprise processes, the company claimed.
The apps can be customised for any organisation and easily deployed, managed and upgraded via cloud services from IBM specifically for iOS devices, with security across the data, app and device.
This first suite of IBM MobileFirst for iOS solutions are now available across multiple industries, with additional apps being continuously designed and developed:
To supplement the IBM MobileFirst for iOS apps, the partnership between Apple and IBM offers business customers additional levels of capability integrated for enterprise mobility, including:
- Mobile platform and enterprise integration: Leveraging IBM’s global industry consulting expertise, client experience design and enterprise systems integration from analytics, workflow and cloud storage, to fleet-scale device management, security and integration.
In addition to on-premise software solutions, all these services will be available on Bluemix, IBM’s development platform on the IBM Cloud Marketplace.
- Supply, activate and manage: Streamlined end-to-end procurement, deployment and lifecycle management – at scale; along with cloud solutions for enterprise security, device management, and data and process integration.
- AppleCare for the Enterprise: Providing IT departments and end users with 24/7 assistance for their devices from Apple’s award-winning customer support group, with on-site service delivered by IBM.
For more information regarding the new Apple and IBM solutions, visit http://www.ibm.com/mobilefirst/us/en/mobilefirst-for-ios.html or https://www.apple.com/business/mobile-enterprise-apps/.
New Apple wares excite … only up to a point: Analysts
50 hues of Big Blue: IBM’s transformation, according to Paul Moung
The coming of BYOD and its challenges
IBM unveils ‘analytics for everyone’ with natural language
For more technology news and the latest updates, follow @dnewsasia on Twitter or Like us on Facebook.