Maxis revamps organisational structure
By Digital News Asia June 10, 2013
- New structure streamlines business into four areas
- No news yet on its hunt for new CEO
MAXIS Berhad has revamped its organisational structure to “strengthen its core business areas for future growth,” about a fortnight after it announced changes in its top management.
The new structure will streamline its operations, improve processes and make it more agile and cohesive in delivering its integrated “propositions” across its products and services, as well as support the company’s growth strategies, Maxis said in a statement.
“Our refined organisational structure is an important step in the execution of our mission to be an integrated communications service provider,” said its chairman Arshad Uda.
This would “enable Maxis to compete more effectively, and deliver more value to our customers and shareholders,” he added.
On May 29, the company made an unexpected announcement that its newly-appointed chief executive officer – former DiGi wunderkind Johan Dennelind – who had yet to begin his stint, would not be taking up the role because of personal matters.
It said that its chief financial officer Nasution Mohammed would take on the joint chief operating officer (COO) role together with the current joint COO Suren J. Amarasekera (pic). The other current joint COO Mark Dioguardi relinquished his position on May 31.
Nasution would also continue his CFO role; while the company continues to search for a suitable CEO.
Meanwhile the new organisational structure, which went into effect June 10, will consist of a team led by Nasution and Suren J. Amarasekera.
The new structure streamlines the business into four areas and with these heads:
- Enterprise Solutions, headed by Shanti Jusnita Johari who will manage the company’s enterprise, government and SME (small and medium enterprise) business. She joined Maxis from Telekom Malaysia in September 2011, bringing with her 16 years’ experience in the telecommunications industry.
- Consumer Business, headed by Dushyanthan Vaithiyanathan, who will be responsible for the end-to-end management of all mobile and fixed business for the consumer segment. Dushyan has over 16 years of regional experience in consumer marketing, business strategy and corporate finance, of which nine years were in the telecommunications industry. He has held senior positions at Telenor ASA and DiGi Telecommunications.
- Sales & Services, headed by Tan Lay Han, who will lead a team focusing on customer service, channel and supply chain management. He joined Maxis in October 1999 and had assumed several senior management positions spanning across various functions in Maxis, including as head of Sales & Distribution and head of Channel Distribution & Customer Service.
- Digital Services, headed by Kugan Thirunavakarasu, who will oversee the development of Maxis’ innovative digital media and cloud-based services including mobile apps. He joined Maxis in 2003 and has over 20 years of experience in telecommunications, locally and abroad.
The four business areas will be supported by Information Services, Network, Finance, Human Resources, Corporate Affairs, Regulatory & Government Affairs and Legal divisions in the day-to-day operations, Maxis said.
New Maxis CEO will have to deal with aggressive board
Dennelind not taking up Maxis CEO role, leadership changes
For more technology news and the latest updates, follow @dnewsasia on Twitter or Like us on Facebook.
Author Name :
By commenting below, you agree to abide by our ground rules.