Telstra rolls out new trading solutions suite
By Digital News Asia January 26, 2015
- Global Financial Trading Solutions comprise trading network, managed services
- Includes server infrastructure in financial hubs, managed cloud, and global UC
TELSTRA has launched its Global Financial Trading Solutions, which it said would facilitate higher performance electronic trading around the world.
Global Financial Trading Solutions comprises a reliable low latency trading network and expert managed services including server infrastructure in financial hubs, managed cloud, and global unified communications, it said in a statement.
The new service provides Singapore businesses with a scalable, flexible and on-demand ICT solution, helping them react to market events faster than ever, claimed Matthew Lempriere, head of the Financial Services Market Segment, at Telstra’s Global Enterprise & Services.
“Singapore financial services organisations face many challenges in today’s highly competitive capital market place.
“The need to comply with increasing global and domestic regulatory requirements, along with reduced volatility and margins, means financial institutions are turning their attention to new and innovative ways to reduce costs and gain access to new pools of liquidity and trading partners.
“Backed by faster response times and higher scalability, Telstra’s Global Financial Trading Solutions facilitates increased efficiencies, helping customers mitigate risk and address compliance concerns, while focusing on what’s most important to them – driving revenue and sustainable business growth,” he said.
In addition to low latency connectivity between major financial capitals including Singapore, London, Chicago, New York, Tokyo, Hong Kong and Sydney, Telstra’s Global Financial Trading Solutions include:
- Managed hosting for trading: A managed hosting service providing server infrastructure located at high density data centres or at stock exchanges in global financial hubs.
- Managed electronic trading platform: A complete managed electronic trading technology infrastructure, providing broker and venue connectivity, ultra-low latency market data, high throughput market connectivity and application hosting as a single bundled service.
- Managed cloud for financial application: A fully managed enterprise-grade application services environment designed specifically with front, middle and back office financial applications in mind.
- Managed unified trader voice: A global unified communications and telephony platform that combines VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) for trader voice, voice recording and collaboration technologies.
“By co-locating core trading infrastructure inside the exchange or at high-density data centres connected via low latency networks, Telstra’s Global Financial Trading Solution helps reduce IT complexity and the time it takes to complete each trade,” Lempriere said.
“With lower trading times and faster access to market data, our Singapore customers are in a better position to capitalise on arbitrage opportunities and increase their profitability at the same time,” he claimed.
Singapore IT depts struggling to meet employee expectations: Telstra research
N2N Connect inks Manila bourse deal
PM Securities fully migrates to advanced trading platform with mobile capabilities
For more technology news and the latest updates, follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn or Like us on Facebook.
Author Name :
By commenting below, you agree to abide by our ground rules.