New HP solution preps apps for enterprise prime time
By Digital News Asia February 6, 2015
- Claims it ensures consistent app experience across all networks and device types
- Provides instant feedback, helps dev team understand how an app will perform
HEWLETT-Packard has announced HP Mobile Center, a new on-premises software solution for testing mobile application functionality and performance across real-world network conditions on devices.
The solution is designed to allow customers to deliver high-quality mobile applications and ensure a consistent, positive user experience under any circumstance, HP said in a statement.
Mobile applications are increasingly becoming the ‘front door’ for a company’s brand, with consumers forming their first impression of an organisation based on their experience with the application.
At the same time, the consumer technology and telecommunications industries are constantly updating new operating systems, networks, and devices.
In this new era, mobile app developers require solutions that can rapidly adapt and test new environments, and that connect to their overall application lifecycle management strategies, HP said.
HP Mobile Center is designed precisely with these new realities in mind, giving developers and test teams the ability to launch apps with confidence and speed. The solution provides instant feedback to a DevOps lifecycle team, helping them understand how an app will perform across any device or OS (operating system).
HP claims the solution allows organisations to:
- Support simulated and real-world testing to best understand usability, design and defects across any device, OS or network.
- Understand when transactional services are working securely and properly.
- Measure and simulate the impact of load using a combination of real devices and virtual users, for realistic assessment.
- Gain insight into how end customers are using the application to get actionable data to improve development.
- Determine response times, speed and quality of an application across real-world devices.
- Accurately capture and share critical defect information of a device.
- Integrate mobile testing into existing application life cycle management (ALM) infrastructures.
The company also said that HP Mobile Center provides seamless integration with the components of HP’s Application Lifecycle Management suite including Application Lifecycle Management (ALM), Sprinter, Unified Functional testing (UFT), LoadRunner, Performance Center, Network Virtualization, and AppPulse Mobile, allowing customers to extend existing mobile investments without having to re-skill their teams or reengineer the backend.
HP Mobile Center is available worldwide immediately from HP and its ecosystem of channel partners. For more information, click here.
Configuration management: You can’t just copy & paste practices
HP accelerates app development on the cloud
DevOps: New HP software plugs the dev-ops gap
1-in-4 enterprises to have their own app store by 2017: Gartner
For more technology news and the latest updates, follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn or Like us on Facebook.
Author Name :
By commenting below, you agree to abide by our ground rules.