TM and Petronas subsidiary to collaborate on human capital development
By Digital News Asia December 10, 2012
- TM and Petronas Leadership Center to jointly conduct learning and development activities
- To also share speakers, trainers, facilitators, experts and consultants, and facilities
TELEKOM Malaysia Bhd (TM) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Petronas Management Training Sdn Bhd via the Petronas Leadership Center (PLC) for the exchange of knowledge and resources between both organizations.
The collaboration will enable TM and PLC to jointly conduct mutually beneficial learning and development activities as well as other related areas, which include:
- The provisioning of specific learning programs and solutions;
- Consultancy services in the design and development of learning intervention materials, program evaluation, competency modeling, surveys and other learning and development works;
- Sharing of learning and training resources such as speakers, trainers, facilitators, experts and consultants as well facilities such as training venues; and
- Organizing joint learning and development activities such as learning programs, seminars, workshops and human resource conferences.
Mohd Khalis Abdul Rahim, Chief Human Capital Officer, TM signed the agreement on behalf of TM while PLC was represented by Haji Yasir Abdul Rahman, Chief Executive Officer, Petronas Management Training Sdn Bhd. Dato’ Sri Dr. Halim Shafie, Chairman, TM and Md Arif Mahmood, Vice President, Corporate Strategic Planning of PETRONAS were also present to witness the momentous ceremony.
“TM has always placed a high level of commitment towards our human capital development and in providing our 27,000-strong workforce a workplace that fosters personal and professional development,” said TM chairman Dato’ Sri Dr Halim Shafie.
“As key assets, employees’ competencies are crucial in ensuring that TM remains competitive.
“TM is glad that today we are entering into this collaboration with Petronas Leadership Centre for joint human capital development initiatives and we believe that this will mutually benefit us in gaining world-class knowledge and resources in producing highly skilled and capable employees,” he said.
Md Arif Mahmood, vice president nof Corporate Strategic Planning at Petronas, said, "Petronas leaders have been developed internally. Over the years we have been able to provide the right development content and create opportunities for our people to develop as they progress through the leadership pipeline.
“We have always believed in collaborations that support human capital development. … These collaborations have enabled us to develop our people as high-performing, global professionals in the oil and gas industry," he added.
PLC said it has expanded its market to enable both Oil & Gas and Non-Oil & Gas players to have access to its leadership development programs.
The collaboration with TM will be the catalyst in the strengthening of human capital development for both TM and PLC, the two parties said in a statement.
Author Name :
By commenting below, you agree to abide by our ground rules.