WCIT2022 confirms lead speakers for 2022 event
By Digital News Asia January 24, 2022
- Discussions centred on betterment of humankind
- More than 4,500 delegates from 80 countries expected
The organisers of the pinnacle technology event have announced some of the key global speakers for the World Congress on Information Technology 2022 (WCIT2022).
The speakers will centre on the betterment of humankind across four main stages at WCIT2022 and will be held in Penang in September 2022.
Some of the leading speakers confirmed for WCIT2022 include:
- Nancy Giordano, strategic futurist, founder, PlayBig Inc and author of LeaderING: The ways visionary leaders play bigger; Mary-jo de Leeuw, founder of the International women in cyber security foundation, and Europe’s 20 influential women in tech 2021;
- Dr Soumitra Dutta dean elect, Said School of Business, Oxford University, former founding dean, Cornell SC Johnson College of Business, president, Portulans Institute and the co-author of the Network readiness index;
- Douglas Comstock, deputy chief financial officer for Agency budget, strategy and performance at NASA;
- Gina Romero, chief executive officer of Connected Women, a social enterprise impacting 100,000 women; and
- Dr William Magee, founder of Operation Smile that seeks to improve the lives of many underprivileged children.
Penang chief minister Chow Kon Yeow said, “We are delighted to announce that we have a stellar list of international speakers that will be headlining WCIT2022.
“These are the first batch of speakers that we have confirmed and we are expecting to confirm many more prominent, expert and world-renowned speakers in the coming weeks,” he said.
In addition to international speakers, there will also be local champions, ASEAN unicorns and Asian giants that will be featured prominently during WCIT2022, the organiser said.
Pikom chairman Sean Seah said, “WCIT2022 promises a power-packed three day event which brings together a unique network of senior business executives, the ICT industry leaders, government officials and internationally recognized institutions and showcases the future of technology.
“This includes education, health and lifestyle, food, fintech, cybersecurity, smart cities, spacetech, agriculture and entrepreneurship among others across multiple stages, an exhibition, networking events, WITSA’s Awards Gala and more.”
Cheah Kok Hoong, organizing chair of WCIT 2022 said, “In the next couple of weeks, we will be rolling-out our marketing plans via roadshows, engaging with heads of the various sectors and industry partners to be part of this event. We aim to deliver an exceptional experience for everyone in WCIT 2022.”
For more information about WCIT2022, delegate registration, sponsorship opportunities and exhibitor inquiries, visit www.wcit2022.com
Related Stories :