Koreans in town to strengthen business ties
By Gabey Goh October 26, 2012
- Second edition of the Korea-Asean ICT Partnership Program to take place on Nov 1
- Korean delegation of 16 companies will be in Kuala Lumpur to explore business opportunities in the region
THE Korea-Asean ICT Partnership Program is set to take place on Nov 1 at Intercontinental Hotel, Kuala Lumpur, to further boost business ties between South Korea and Malaysia.
A delegation of 16 Korean ICT companies will be present led by the Korean Internet Security Agency (KISA) and Korean Association of Information and Telecommunication (KAIT), with support from the Korean Communication Commission (KCC), to look for suitable partners from Malaysia and other countries in this region.
South Korea has been taking a proactive approach in exploring the growing business potential in Malaysia as well as the potential of using Malaysia as a base for the Asean and Middle East markets. The country is thought to be a relatively low-cost location with world-class infrastructure and facilities.
On the local front, the event is also supported by the National ICT Association of Malaysia (Pikom) and the Multimedia Development Corporation (MDeC).
The program is managed by EJ Resources Sdn Bhd, a Malaysian company which offers business matching, trade facilitation and market entry services.
“This is the second year EJ Resources has been chosen to organize this important program and we are pleased with past programs and look forward to greater partnerships between Korean and Malaysian ICT companies in working with world-class solutions for the Malaysian, Asean and Middle East markets,” said program director Khairul Nizar Ismail.
The Korean delegation will comprise companies in these categories:
- Digital Broadcasting
- Digital Electronics – Digital TV, LED etc
- Networking Solutions – WIMAX, Broadband & Cellular Technology etc
- Software (Content)
- IT Convergence - Embedded Systems
- Industrial Electronics – Tablet and Electronic Pad Solutions
- Mobile Technology Solutions
- Security Solution (Enterprise and Mobile)
To find out more about the companies from the Korean delegation, click here.
The event is free for interested companies to attend, however pre-registration is required. To sign up for the one day event, click here.