Deadline for Selangor SME Digitalisation Matching Grant extended to mid June
By Digital News Asia May 10, 2021
- SMEs need more time to recover, get back on feet
- 200 responses received from SMEs as of 10 May
In response to the implementation of the Movement Control Order 3.0, the Selangor state government has extended the application deadline for the Selangor Small and Medium-Sized Enterprise (SME) Digitalisation Matching Grant to 15 June.
Feedback from most SMEs has been that the MCO will have a major impact on their operations which are struggling to recover businesses as a result of the Covid-19 outbreak.
As such, they need more time to complete the application for the Selangor SME Digitalisation Matching Grant.
The state hopes that the extension from 15 May to 15 June can help more Selangor SMEs to digitalise their businesses.
Selangor Menteri Besar, Amirudin Shari launched the matching grant on 12 April to help SMEs accelerate their digital transformation.
Since the opening of registration on 15 April, the grant has received an overwhelming response with 200 applications as of 10 May.
Eligibility criteria for SMEs:
- Registered under the relevant laws of Malaysia
- Must be at least 51% owned by Malaysians
- Business address or operation address registered in Selangor only
- In operation for at least 1 year
- Required to have a minimum annual sales turnover of RM300,000
and not exceeding RM1 million
- Limited to one application per company. However, SMEs are allowed to apply for up to three digital services with one or more service providers that are endorsed by Sidec.
For further information, please visit https://www.sidec.com.my/selangorgrant2021/