MARA, Dropee seal partnership to further mSME digitisation
By Digital News Asia April 20, 2021
- MARA Bumiputera entrepreneurs gain access to Dropee’s omni-commerce tech
- Both parties to provide training sessions, advisory services, industry knowledge guidance
B2B e-commerce solutions provider Dropee has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with Majlis Amanah Rakyat (MARA) to enable its bumiputera entrepreneurs to grow their business using Dropee’s omni-commerce technology, Mara said in a statement.
Through the partnership, its entrepreneurs gain access to a host of Dropee’s services and features, which include:
- Dropee Finance: Business financing scheme for SMEs such as retailers or suppliers. Dropee provides invoice factoring and supply-chain financing schemes to verified businesses on its platform;
- Dropee Credit: Dropee provides an alternative payment method and extended credit terms together with its partners with an automated know-your-customer (KYC) features for various business sectors, from micro SME (mSME) to distributors and manufacturers;
- Dropee Direct: An easy-to-use dashboard to manage all business processes, from ordering, procurement and payment collections;
- Dropee Digitalisation: Managed services and training, which assists all existing industry players to transform their business procurement, sales and operations; and
- Dropee API & OmniChannel: Enables retailers and suppliers to buy and sell on both B2B and B2C such as Shopee, Lazada and many others on one single dashboard.
Aizat Rahim, managing director of Dropee, said that the partnership came at the right time as the economy is recovering from Covid-19, thus creating an opportunity to expand the local supply chain and empower bumiputera-owned SMEs to sustain and remain competitive.
Both parties will work together to educate local entrepreneurs through training sessions, advisory services and industry knowledge guidance according to their respective areas of expertise.
These sessions will be conducted in two locations: Kuala Lumpur and Malacca, with the first being held from March 23-25, and is expected to be attended by over 100 businesses.
This partnership is in line with MARA’s entrepreneurship development program, which is aimed at guiding entrepreneurs and find suitable avenues where they can grow their business strategies effectively.
The programme is focused on the application of technology in improving operational efficiency, commercialisation, and growing sales by applying the market concept of business to business to consumer” (B2B2C).
Dropee’s partnership will allow entrepreneurs to better understand and analyse price offerings from manufacturers and distributors, manage inventory in a more structured manner, and receive advice and guidance from market experts.
Related Stories :