Acronis unveils with new hybrid cloud data protection solutions
By Digital News Asia July 25, 2016
- Based on new cloud architecture with unified management console
- Moving from full image device protection to full image digital business protection
ACRONIS has announced new solutions that it said give businesses and IT managers more control over company data and workloads, including where they can be backed up, stored, monitored, and recovered.
Its expanded set of solutions – Acronis Backup 12, Acronis Backup Cloud, Acronis Monitor, Acronis Storage, and Acronis Notary – are based on the company’s new hybrid cloud architecture to support data protection and recovery in virtually any IT environment, it said in a statement.
“Today, Acronis is launching a new era of data protection by moving from full image device protection to full image digital business protection,” said cofounder and chief executive officer Serguei Beloussov (pic above).
“We’re combining the world’s fastest backup solution with the industry’s most flexible storage options and non-stop monitoring to provide complete data protection for today’s ‘always-on’ digital business,” he added.
According to IDC, data continues to grow at a 40–50% compounded annual growth rate. At the same time, IDC notes that a company’s data may migrate from system to system, across storage platforms, and across on-premises and off-premises repositories all within the course of a normal business day.
Traditional data protection methods are not well equipped to protect and recover this transient data, and IT consumers are looking for products that can more adequately do so.
“Ensuring that the right type and quality of data is preserved and available when necessary has now become a mandatory requirement for any organisation seeking to thrive in today's digital world,” said IDC research director Phil Goodwin.
“Today’s hybrid cloud IT environments and massive increase in cloud workloads are forcing IT managers to replace older technologies to maintain greater control over their critical business data, while replacing current business processes with newer ones to ensure that crucial data assets are in fact preserved and available,” he said in the statement issued by Acronis.
Hybrid cloud architecture
With the new hybrid cloud architecture, businesses and IT managers can store their data anywhere and monitor activity at all times to quickly identify and resolve performance issues, Acronis said.
The solutions feature a unified web management console that makes it easier for IT managers to converge cloud and on-premises data protection with the ability to monitor and manage all data and workloads, including on-premises and cloud, physical systems, virtual hosts and machines, and cloud workloads, all from a single user interface.
Acronis said its solutions can be deployed in the cloud, on-premises and in hybrid configurations, protecting company data across the entire business – whether it resides in the cloud or with cloud applications, on-premises, across virtual and physical systems, in remote systems, and on mobile devices.
The new Acronis solutions and technologies are:
- Acronis Backup 12 (pic): Backup solution that protects the entire business, backing up data on-premises, in remote systems, in private and public clouds, and on mobile devices – available now, click here for more information.
- Acronis Backup Cloud: Built to easily fit within service provider environments with a comprehensive, yet simple, complete, and cost-effective hybrid backup and recovery solution that solves their customers’ data protection problems. Available now, click here for more information.
- Acronis Monitoring Service: Enables IT managers to monitor servers, networks, applications, and web sites with ease to identify performance problems, and make smarter IT decisions. Available now, click here for more information.
- Acronis Storage: Provides software-defined storage that supports any type and volume of data with reliable, resilient, self-healing features, enabling service providers to use cost-efficient, commodity hardware. Available in September, click here for more information.
- Acronis Notary: Delivers ‘tamper-proof’ data storage that leverages blockchain technology to ensure data authenticity, privacy and control. Acronis solutions leveraging blockchain technology are scheduled to be available in October. You can see an online demo here.
Customers can select subscription-based pricing or perpetual licences to protect any infrastructure, including physical, virtual and cloud.
For service providers and cloud resellers, Acronis delivers a set of multi-tenant, multi-tiered solutions that provide automation of services and complete control of provisioning, billing, monitoring and management.
All Acronis solutions are powered by the Acronis AnyData Engine – a set of data protection technologies that capture, store, recover, control, and access any data from any location.
Acronis boosts data protection with blockchain technology
Acronis sees an Asian future for its backup solutions
Acronis rolls out new cloud partner programme
For more technology news and the latest updates, follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn or Like us on Facebook.
Author Name :
By commenting below, you agree to abide by our ground rules.