FWD Startup Studio Accelerator opens applications for Asia-based startups
By Digital News Asia August 1, 2023
- Prog starts 5 Sept with benefits including US$20k credits for digital services
- Focus on venture backed seed stage Asia-based startups in insurtech or adjacent verticals
FWD Startup Studio, in collaboration with 1337 Ventures has announce the 5th cohort of FWD Startup Studio Accelerator, a 13-week programme designed for insurtech or adjacent vertical startups. Aspiring startups seeking partnership with FWD Insurance in Malaysia are encouraged to apply.
"Through our Startup Studio Accelerator as well as TIM Ventures, our venture capital fund, we are keen to identify outstanding startups, work together with them and help them grow," said Ryan Kim (pic), Group Chief Digital & Marketing Officer, FWD Group.
Benefits for participating startups are:
- Industry expertise: Gain unprecedented to decision-makers within FWD Insurance and mentors who can provide guidance, open doors to collaborations, and facilitate partnerships.
- Acceleration of growth: Fast-track the development to a real proof of concept (POC) before the accelerator programme concludes.
- Fundraising opportunities: Connect with investors such as TIM Ventures and 1337 Ventures, with the potential for venture capital funding.
- Access to customers and markets: Successful ideas in Malaysia could generate interest from other FWD branches in different countries.
- Resource support: Over US$20,000 (RM90,259) worth of credits on digital infrastructure and cloud services.
- Networking and community: Join a community of entrepreneurs and global insurtech and adjacent vertical leaders.
Bikesh Lakhmichand (pic), Founding Partner of 1337 Ventures, said, "The FWD Startup Studio Accelerator presents an incredible opportunity for startups to engage with FWD Insurance to explore a proof of concept (POC) solution and access to decision-makers and mentors within FWD Group.”
Venture-backed seed stage Asia-based startups who are in the insurtech or adjacent verticals are encouraged to apply and develop a proof of concept (POC) design with FWD Malaysia.
The startups who participated in the previous cohorts include; BlueDuck, Kapitani, Finory, Betterteem, Koha, Safyer, Cashku, eHibah, CoreHalal, Du-It, Marion, Protos Labs, uPledge, and Warantee.
Applications are open now, and the deadline for submissions is 28 Aug. FWD Startup Studio Accelerator will begin on 5 Sept. For more information and to apply, visit https://fwdstartupstudio.com/accelerator.
Related Stories :