Cocoon Capital’s 5th edition of Female Founders Mentoring Hours invites submissions
By Digital News Asia July 22, 2021
- 70% successful in getting follow-on investor meetings leading to term sheets
- Meet four investors for total 1 hour remote meeting with 13-min sessions
Singapore based VC, Cocoon Capital is launching the 5th edition of its Female Founders Mentoring Hours (FFMH).
Supported by Enterprise Singapore and Amazon Web Services (AWS), 46 investors from the top 38 venture capital firms in Southeast Asia will join FFMH as mentors, offering their expertise and experience to 120 female founders from across the region.
The event will be held over two days, Tuesday, 3 August and Wednesday, 4 August, 2 – 4 pm SGT (GMT+8). Each female founder will have the opportunity to meet four investors for one hour of remote mentoring hours. During each 13-minute session, founders can discuss their tech business idea, ask for advice and pitch for investment.
The previous four editions saw more than 70% of founders successfully building on the initial engagement with follow-up investor meetings, with multiple startups receiving term sheets from investors. Cocoon Capital is hoping that the fifth edition will be an even bigger success in supporting female founders who are invited to sign up.
Not sure what to ask?
Those seeking answers for their own startups have come to the right place at FFMH. The following are some frequently asked questions by founders for the experienced mentors.
– What do VCs look for in a startup that is raising venture funding? MVP, early traction?
– Do you think our business model is feasible?
– What do you think of our problem statement?
– What do later stage investors look out for in early-stage companies?
– Feedback on the pitch/ deck
– How important is it to run a sustainable business compared to burning more money for inflated growth?
Register now to secure your seat
Cocoon Capital welcomes applications from any Southeast Asia-based female founder whose business is in tech and at the seed or Series A-stages. Previous participants of FFMH are welcome to apply again.
If you’re a female founder looking to practice your pitch, talk business models and customer acquisition strategies, apply now. Registration closes Monday, 26 July, 11:59pm SGT.
Male founders who would still like to pitch to Cocoon Capital can submit an application for funding here.
Full list of participating VC mentors