Alibaba launches Malaysia finals for [email protected] Contest
By Digital News Asia October 14, 2019
- Winner of inaugural cloud contest will be in Alibaba strategic customer support programme
- Access to Alibaba ecosystem to help them gain valuable insight, experience and resources
Alibaba Group Holding Limited has launched the Malaysia Finals for its inaugural Create@ Alibaba Cloud Startup Contest (Create@ Contest). This contest offers a chance for Malaysia top tech startups to connect to a network of key China-based venture capitalists, business leaders and the Alibaba Group ecosystem.
The 10 finalists picked will be evaluated by a panel of seven international judges with the winner to represent Malaysia to a global championship where it will compete with other leading technology players across the world. The Malaysian winner can also leverage on Alibaba’s Innovation Centre with enterprise development assistance provided by Alibaba cloud computing.
Create@ Alibaba Cloud Startup Contest chief coordinator Kim Tan said: “Startups participating in Create@ Contest have all been hand-picked from our highly competitive competition. They all presented in front of multiple groups of venture capitalists and tech leaders serving as judges for a chance to connect with key business leaders and VC’s in Europe and China. The winner will also get a sponsored trip to the Alibaba Group headquarters in Hangzhou and enjoy international media exposure, besides winning up to US$50,000 (RM209,000) worth of resources.”
“The Create@ Contest is the best platform for Malaysian tech startups to unleash their potential and attract global attention, especially from interested investors. Participants will also get access to the Alibaba ecosystem to help them gain valuable insight, experience and resources to expand their businesses. This is also in line with the Malaysian government’s aspirations to promote stronger growth in the local startup scene,” Kim added.
The event is organised by IHZ International with co-organiser, HuaZong Multimedia and Information Committee.
The 10 finalists are:
- Adev Ventures Sdn Bhd
- Ibizzcloud Sdn Bhd
- SPBC Consultancy
- Hostastay Bhd
- Sureplify Sdn Bhd
- Gobuilders Netsoft Sdn Bhd
- Happy Fish Swim School Sdn Bhd
- IO Fitness Management (M) Sdn Bhd
- Modencare Sdn Bhd
The judges are:
- Allen Chen – CEO of Cross Academy
- Wang Jie – Cofounder of Cross Academy
- K. Wan Jie – Founder and CEO of Zhejiang Zeqiao Company
- Rafe Azsnal – HOD of Digital Ecosystem
- Lai Zhu – Director of Jingdong Equity Crowd Funding Investment
- Andrew Tan – Managing Partner of ThinkBig Ventures Sdn Bhd
- Ching – Director of Finsource Sdn Bhd
Author Name :
By commenting below, you agree to abide by our ground rules.