Fortinet adds new enterprise firewall features to its security platform
By Digital News Asia July 8, 2013
- Enterprises migrating away from multi-vendor firewall environments, company claims
- New FortiOS 5 capabilities Include contextual visibility and Advanced Threat Protection
NETWORK security company Fortinet has rolled out new features within its FortiOS 5 operating system that serves as the foundation for its FortiGate network security platform.
“In order to increase protection, simplify management and reduce costs, enterprises today are migrating away from multi-vendor firewall environments in favour of a single-vendor model,” claimed George Chang (pic), Fortinet’s regional vice president for South-East Asia and Hong Kong.
“For example, an enterprise may have high-performance firewalls for its data centres, NGFWs (next-generation firewalls) for its campus perimeters and UTM (Unified Threat Management) for its distributed offices.
“With its singular focus on innovating security and security-focused R&D, only Fortinet provides a true Network Security Platform with a wide array of robust security functionality for data centres, campus perimeter and distributed offices,” he said in a statement issued by Fortinet.
The new update includes:
- Feature select: With one-click, customers can choose from a variety of security configuration options, including: High Speed Firewall, NGFW, ATP, Web Filtering, UTM and others;
- Contextual visibility: Gives organisations real-time and historical insight on network use based on application, user and device; and
- Advanced Threat Protection (ATP): Enhanced security tools combat multi-vector persistent attacks
The FortiOS 5 update is available now from https://support.fortinet.com/.
Fortinet announces another next-gen OS, this time for web security
Fortinet unveils next-gen OS for its email security appliances
Fortinet advocates two-factor authentication as breaches escalate
For more technology news and the latest updates, follow @dnewsasia on Twitter or Like us on Facebook.
Author Name :
By commenting below, you agree to abide by our ground rules.