Oracle rolls out new UC suite
By Digital News Asia December 23, 2014
- CSPs can quickly offer secure and enterprise-grade communications
- Includes click-to-call, video calling, and screen sharing features
ORACLE Corp has announced the availability of Oracle Communications Unified Communications Suite 7.6 that it claimed enables communication service providers (CSPs) to increase their market opportunity, effectively target customers, and drive loyalty.
The suite comprises a range of unified communications and collaborations offerings, the company said in a statement.
Oracle Communications’ senior vice president and general manager Bhaskar Gorti (pic) said that CSPs must offer compelling services if they want to regain control of the communications experience.
“Oracle Communications Unified Communications Suite provides CSPs with a cloud-ready solution that can enable them to expand their brand equity and generate revenue, all by using existing network resources to deliver an integrated set of collaboration and communication tools to enterprises of any size,” he said.
READ ALSO: What lies ahead in 2015: Smart life defined
To help CSPs generate new revenue streams and compete more effectively, the Oracle solution builds on its existing messaging chat, calendar and contact management capabilities with:
- Out-of-the-box integration with Oracle Communications WebRTC Session Controller, enabling high-value, real-time services such as one-on-one and multiparty audio and video calling, conferencing, Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)/ public switched telephone network (PSTN) interoperability, session transfer from audioto web and screen sharing.
- Multitenant architecture and provisioning, allowing CSPs to deliver differentiated services at scale, while helping to optimise network resource utilisation and ultimately to raise profit margins.
- CardDav-enabled contact service, giving users secure access to their contacts regardless of their location or the device they are using.
By bringing these new capabilities together, CSPs can create a nearly seamless user experience for customers, reducing application-toggling and maintaining context across various modes of communication such as e-mail, instant messaging, text messaging and more, Oracle claimed.
Why it's time for global collaboration
Slowdown in Asia’s UC infrastructure market: IDC
Unified Inbox boosts tech chops with SocialGrow acquisition
For more technology news and the latest updates, follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn or Like us on Facebook.
Author Name :
By commenting below, you agree to abide by our ground rules.