SAP Business ByDesign boosted by HANA, cloud
By Digital News Asia January 3, 2014
- Enables businesses to rapidly adapt processes to capitalise on ever-changing market dynamics
- Companies can manage more data and transactions in more places, with greater speed and simplicity
SAP AG has announced new capabilities for its mid-market cloud enterprise resource planning (ERP) suite, SAP Business ByDesign, leveraging SAP HANA, mobile and cloud technology.
These new capabilities would enable businesses to rapidly adapt processes to capitalise on ever-changing market dynamics, the company said in a statement.
“The new capabilities in the latest release help companies manage more data and transactions in more places, with greater speed and simplicity,” said David Sweetman, senior director of Global Product Marketing for SAP Business ByDesign.
New features and enhancements include:
- Expanded global footprint: New country version for Japan augments existing Asia Pacific regional versions for China, India, Australia and New Zealand;
- In-memory capabilities: Availability on the SAP HANA platform combines both transaction processing and analytics on a single platform, helping reduce delays and inefficiencies inherent in parallel operational and business intelligence systems, and enabling companies to aggregate, correlate and assess countless bits of information and scenarios to determine the best course of action faster than ever before;
- Enhanced pricing flexibility: Greater flexibility to price products and services and suggest optional additional or alternative purchases helps companies to drive increased purchases. Expanded competitive pricing mechanisms enable companies to drive special pricing to particular audiences based on user-defined criteria such as region, type or class of customer and industry-specific criteria. Pricing can also be based on two dimensions, such as by quantity of pieces or net weight;
- Greater mobility: The SAP Business in Focus mobile app enables users to analyse budget forecasts, visualise financial information, collaborate through an enterprise social network and get real-time insight from internal and external cloud applications via iPad.
SAP Business ByDesign covers a wide range of business areas, including financials, human resources management, sales and marketing, sourcing and purchasing, customer relationship management and supply chain management, and is part of the SAP Cloud portfolio.
SAP unifies its cloud portfolio with HANA
Cloud should go beyond cost savings, says SAP