Canon brings its Managed Document Services to the cloud
By Digital News Asia April 16, 2014
- Promises higher level of professional fleet management capabilities
- Enhances overall service experience for customers, Canon claims
DIGITAL imaging solutions and document services provider Canon has unveiled a revamped programme to deliver Canon Managed Document Services (MDS), including the availability of the MDS Cloud platform.
The MDS Cloud platform provides a higher level of professional fleet management capabilities and enhances the overall service experience for customers, the company said in a statement.
Complementing the current MDS service, the MDS Cloud is a total fleet management platform that enhances device availability, provides management information in a timely manner, and facilitates a higher degree of fleet optimisation and service consultancy, Canon said.
This translates into increased flexibility in delivering made-to-measure solutions in resolving existing print usage issues, managing the existing printer fleet with precision, reducing downtime and in turn maximising productivity.
“In the face of a competitive and constantly evolving business environment, corporations are increasingly evaluating ways to improve and ensure consistent business workflow and process efficiency across business units and physical locations,” said Ooi Chik Hoe, director of Business Imaging Solutions.
“Canon recognises the need for business responsiveness and cost efficiency and has responded with an improved MDS service offering – streamlining document workflows and business processes to reduce the total cost of ownership and operation,” he claimed.
The enhanced MDS programme provides:
- Auto discovery of devices: The MDS Cloud detects network devices automatically and facilitates the prompt addition of those new devices into the overall fleet that that is being managed.
- Remote monitoring and management: This helps reduce reliance on internal IT or support resources by automating numerous functions that would otherwise typically require multiple systems or manual processes to manage.
- Usage analytics and reports: Analyses fleet information to gain greater insight into the print usage and performance of the fleet.
- Service improvement: Service performance of the fleet can be benchmarked against the agreed service level metrics.
The Canon enhanced MDS programme with Cloud MDS is now available in Malaysia.
Nomad opts for Fuji Xerox document imaging and workflow system
Epson aims at fashion/ textile industry with new SureColor printers
Getting the public sector to secure their e-document systems
For more technology news and the latest updates, follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn or Like us on Facebook