Avaya’s video collaboration solution for SMEs
By Digital News Asia June 14, 2013
- Number of SMEs using video collaboration could potentially double in next 12 months
- New solution combines desktop, mobile and HD room system capabilities
AVAYA has announced the Avaya Video Collaboration Solution for IP Office, which it said was designed specifically for the small and midsize enterprise (SME) segment.
Avaya Video Collaboration Solution for IP Office provides simple, affordable yet comprehensive desktop, mobile and HD room-system video collaboration capabilities, the company said in a statement.
According to research firm IDC’s SMB Telephony: Current/ Planned Telecom Resource Use, 2013 report, 30% of midsized firms are currently using some videoconferencing resources beyond simple webcams. The number of small and midsized firms using video collaboration could potentially double in the next 12 months.
“By adding high-quality video conferencing to IP Office, we are raising the bar in terms of what customers should expect from their vendors,” Paul Chen, Asia Pacific products and solutions director at Avaya.
“No one in the market offers a more comprehensive UC (unified communications) solution specifically designed for SMEs,” he claimed.
The Avaya Video Collaboration Solution delivers BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) and HD room-system capabilities in a single, highly affordable and easy to deploy solution for SMEs. It delivers rich collaborative capabilities that help increase productivity, enhance customer service and lower the overall cost of doing business, Avaya said.
- Direct integration including a common dial plan with Avaya IP Office Version 8.1.
- A ‘virtual conference room’ for up to eight participants with click-to-join capabilities from any standards-based room system, desktop or mobile device.
- Freely distributed desktop and mobile video clients for PCs, Macs and the most popular iOS and Android devices – enabling those inside and outside an organisation to easily join a video meeting.
- Low-bandwidth, HD multi-party video conferencing and rich data collaboration via native SIP/H.323.
- The collaboration solution can also be deployed in an HD video conferencing room system configuration for maximum flexibility and value.
- Automatic firewall traversal allows SMEs to engage with participants outside their network, enabling face-to-face meetings with customers and partners to help strengthen business relationships.
Author Name :
By commenting below, you agree to abide by our ground rules.