Trend Micro offers extra protection for social media users
By Digital News Asia November 23, 2012
- Titanium protect users while on social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn and Pinterest
- Enhanced Parental Control feature gives parents the ability to manage specific programs that their children can access
TREND Micro Inc has launched the Titanium 2013 family of security software, with extra personal data protection for social media users.
“Consumers are spending most of their time checking email, surfing the Web and using social networks to stay connected with family and friends,” said Terrence Tang, regional director, Digital Marketing & Consumer Business at Trend Micro.
“Privacy is also a major concern as cybercriminals are scoping out [information on] our online identities in new and more interesting ways. It is imperative for consumers in Malaysia to stay vigilant and protected with the right tools that can work easily and seamlessly across devices and platforms for complete protection,” he said.
Titanium’s new Facebook Privacy Scanner for Windows provides an extra layer of protection for personal information that Trend Micro claimed was the only one of its kind in the industry.
With a single click, users can easily monitor their Facebook page settings, identify which settings may lead to privacy concerns and control access to personal and private information.
By identifying potentially malicious links, all products within the Titanium family protect users while on social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn and Pinterest by alerting the consumer. It also allows them to share this information with friends so users can help keep friends safe online too.
Titanium Maximum Security customers receive one or three licenses that can be used on multiple devices including PCs, laptops, tablets and mobile phones.
Trend Micro Titanium 2013 Cloud Edition also offers:
- Trend Micro’s flagship mobile product, Trend Micro Mobile Security Personal Edition, blocks access to the latest threats. Trend Micro’s new Privacy and Threat Scanner warns users of apps that access and upload private data. These features use the Trend Micro Mobile App Reputation System, a cloud-based system that monitors 650,000+ apps for mobile malware, apps that upload private data, and battery-hogging apps. It also includes Lost-Device Protection that allow users to find, lock and erase a missing device.
- Trend Micro DirectPass, a password manager that manages website passwords and login IDs in one secure location, so you only need to remember one password.
- Trend Micro SafeSync, a secure online storage vault that will keep up to 5GB of important documents, pictures and videos backed up in the cloud.
- Access to the Trend Micro Vault which keeps important documents secure and allow users to remotely lock it if the computer is lost or stolen
Keeping families and kids safe
Trend Micro also offers enhanced Parental Control as a new feature for Trend Micro Titanium 2013, giving parents the ability to manage specific programs that their children can access at certain times.
With Titanium Maximum Security, consumers can also utilize Trend Micro Online Guardian, parental control software that provides Internet monitoring for social networking and online content.
In line with the launch of the Microsoft Windows 8, Trend Micro Titanium products are Windows 8 compatible, the company said.
Whether users are using the new Windows 8 operating system, or an older version of Windows, users will enjoy the same vigilant protection and easy-to-use Trend Micro Titanium solutions.
Mac platforms are emerging as a target for an increasing number of malware and cybercriminal attacks. Titanium Internet Security for Mac is included as part of Titanium Maximum Security, providing Mac users comprehensive security, including protection against spam, viruses, malware, parental controls and protection on social networking sites.
Trend Micro’s range of Titanium products is now available in the Malaysia market. Titanium Maximum Security is retailing at RM109 for one device or RM159 for three devices.