More ‘oomph’ for Red Hat’s open hybrid cloud and virtualization drives
By Digital News Asia December 10, 2012
- Updates open hybrid cloud management platform with Red Hat CloudForms 1.1
- Releases two cloud solution bundles and a services offering combining several product portfolios
OPEN source solutions provider Red Hat Inc has announced advancements in its delivery of open hybrid cloud solutions and technologies to enterprises, as well as new virtualization initiatives.
It has updated its open hybrid cloud management platform with the availability of Red Hat CloudForms 1.1 and released two cloud solution bundles and a services offering combining several of its product portfolios.
In June, Red Hat delivered the first release of Red Hat CloudForms, an open hybrid cloud management platform built to enable enterprises to create and manage Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) hybrid clouds.
It had the ability to make self-service computing resources available to users in a managed, governed and secure way, Red Hat said in a statement.
With CloudForms, enterprises can build and manage an open enterprise hybrid cloud, providing infrastructure choice spanning across multiple virtualization platforms and extending to public cloud resources, and can also build and manage applications in their cloud, enabling enterprises to use their cloud for their workloads.
Red Hat has now updated the CloudForms platform with the release of CloudForms 1.1, which expands the reach of the product further into Asia Pacific and Europe with enablement for four additional languages, including Korean, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese and Portuguese.
The 1.1 release also incorporates a number of updates and fixes covering features such as:
- System Groups: allowing administrators to easily organize systems to perform actions, such as updating packages, upon many systems as if they were one.
- LDAP Support: allowing enterprises to leverage their existing identity management solutions within CloudForms.
- Content searching: providing enterprises the ability to quickly search all application lifecycle environments for specific pieces of content.
At the Red Hat Summit in June, Red Hat announced a set of solutions designed to enable enterprises to build and manage open hybrid clouds.
The first of the four solutions, Red Hat Storage, was delivered in June. Red Hat has now announced the general availability of two additional open hybrid cloud solutions:
- Red Hat Hybrid IaaS Solution: This offering reduces the complexity of building a hybrid cloud by providing a comprehensive set of software components to save time in deploying a hybrid cloud. The solution includes virtualization management with Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization; a hybrid cloud management framework with Red Hat CloudForms; guest operating system with Red Hat Enterprise Linux and the ability to add on-demand public cloud compute hours with Red Hat Certified Public Cloud Providers.
- Red Hat Cloud with Virtualization Bundle: With this offering, customers can combine cloud and virtualization projects into one step to enable the acceleration of project completion, the reduction of project hours and lowered total cost of ownership. This solution includes software needed to build and manage a cloud, from virtualization management to cloud orchestration, to cover virtual machine management, systems management and application lifecycle management. Included in the solution bundle are Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization and Red Hat CloudForms.
In addition, Red Hat is also launching a new cloud-focused offering from its Services team, called the Open IaaS Architecture Service, which defines, designs, installs and optimizes Red Hat’s cloud and virtualization offerings to deliver an open, scalable IaaS specific to each customer’s environment.
The service also includes documentation of the installation as well as guidance on best practices for ongoing management.
CloudForms 1.1 is available immediately. The Red Hat Hybrid IaaS Solution, the Red Hat Cloud with Virtualization Bundle and the Open IaaS Architecture Service are initially offered in North America, the United Kingdom and Continental Europe, with plans for global availability in the future.
Author Name :
By commenting below, you agree to abide by our ground rules.