HP introduces intelligent security solutions
By Digital News Asia September 24, 2012
- Proactive security measures enable organizations to leverage big data, cloud, mobility
- Cloud security top concern for executives in Asia Pacific, says HP survey
HP has announced additions to its security solutions portfolio that it claims enable enterprises to assess, transform, optimize and manage their security environments to proactively protect what matters.
Cloud, mobility and big data initiatives are helping organizations solve pressing challenges, while driving accelerated innovation, enhanced agility and improved financial management, HP said in a statement. However, these initiatives also can introduce big security concerns.
According to new research conducted on behalf of HP (HP Research: Security and Risk Management), concerns around understanding security requirements for cloud services are top of mind for more than two-thirds of business and technology executives in Asia Pacific and Japan.
More than three quarters of those surveyed also indicated they are concerned about how to secure and consume big data. Almost two-thirds are concerned about mobile data loss or theft.
In addition, more than half of respondents admitted that their organizations spend more time and money on reactive measures than on proactive risk management.
“Cybersecurity threats are growing exponentially, and without a proactive information risk management strategy, enterprise growth, innovation and efficiencies are hindered,” said Wong Loke Yeow (pic, left), regional marketing director, Enterprise Security Products, Hewlett-Packard Asia Pacific and Japan.
“HP helps clients protect what matters most to their organizations by delivering intelligent security solutions that prioritize security resources to help identify threats earlier and enable a faster response time,” said Richard Archdeacon (pic, right), CTO, Strategy and Technology, Enterprise Security Services, Hewlett-Packard Company.
For public sector organizations, security threats are continuing to escalate, regulations are becoming more complex and budgets are shrinking. HP Security for Public Sector reflects the breadth and depth of HP’s security services capabilities to meet the exacting standards of these organizations worldwide, the company claimed.
HP also unveiled new products and services to provide clients transparency and control over their entire organization. New offerings include:
- HP Data Center Protection Services evaluate organizations’ existing security practices and provide actionable recommendations to help them optimize infrastructure and improve program management across the data center.
- HP ArcSight Enterprise Security Manager 6.0c is a powerful, scalable security monitoring and compliance solution that identifies and remediates cyberthreats faster than ever before. HP ArcSight Enterprise Security Manager rapidly identifies security threats across an organization’s infrastructure and prioritizes critical issues to reduce potential damage.
- HP TippingPoint NX Platform Next Generation Intrusion Prevention Systems (NGIPS) ensures protection across network devices, virtual machines, operating systems and business-critical applications by adding significant capacity for deep-packet traffic inspection. The new modular architecture is designed to adapt automatically to threats as they are discovered, while allowing organizations to save rack space and maintain consistent power consumption and cooling costs.
HP also announced a mobile application for IT security professionals that uses data from HP Digital Vaccine Labs (DVLabs) to monitor current and trending cyber-threats. HP Information Security Pulse, available at no additional cost, enables security professionals to rapidly determine and address risks that may affect their environment.
The application is currently available for webOS, Apple iOS , Android and web browser platforms.
Author Name :
By commenting below, you agree to abide by our ground rules.