FalconStor opens regional Hq in Singapore
By Digital News Asia October 23, 2012
- Singapore an ideal location because of outstanding infrastructure and strong trade links
- Regional Hq will coordinate and support FalconStor’s initiatives in Asia Pacific countries.
DISK-based data protection specialist FalconStor Software Inc has officially opened its Asia Pacific (APAC) regional headquarters in Singapore. The company currently has offices in Malaysia, Taiwan, Japan, South Korea, China, Hong Kong and Australia.
“FalconStor has experienced growth throughout APAC due to the wide acceptance of [our] data protection and recovery solutions, and we expect them to be a key driver of the company’s future growth,” said Jim McNiel (pic), president and CEO.
“Our investment in the Singapore office demonstrates our commitment to our regional channel partners, to their customers and to the APAC business community at large,” he added.
FalconStor solutions deliver disk-based backup, continuous data protection, WAN-optimized replication and disaster recovery automation.
Because of its outstanding infrastructure and strong trade links, Singapore is an ideal location for FalconStor to grow its share of the APAC market for data protection, replication and recovery, the company said in a statement.
Spearheaded by Suresh Nair (pic), general manager and vice president of sales and marketing of Asia Pacific for FalconStor, the new Singapore headquarters will coordinate and support FalconStor’s initiatives in APAC countries.
The new office establishes a strong company presence to meet the growing demand for world-class data protection and recovery solutions; and it offers comprehensive local and regional sales support and resources, including:
- 1) A sales operations center that houses the local sales team and technology experts as well as regional financial, human resources and IT support functions.
- 2) Training facilities for partners to upgrade their skill set to serve their customers.
- 3) A new solutions center for partners to demonstrate products and to stage complex solution designs for customers.
“The new Singapore office significantly enhances our sales operations in APAC,” said Suresh. “In addition to our core set of sales support services, the office provides customers the ability to test our solutions before they make a buying decision.
“Ultimately, our active presence in Singapore will help us build stronger relationships with our partners and customers, which will strengthen our leadership in the region.”
Author Name :
By commenting below, you agree to abide by our ground rules.