- Partners with Smart Axiata for an exclusive 3-year period
- Aims to redefine how consumers in Cambodia experience entertainment
COMING hot on the heels of its Sub Shara Africa launch in June, headquartered in Capte Town, iflix, the world’s leading Subscription Video on Demand (SVoD) service for emerging markets, today announced the launch of its service in Cambodia. Consumers can now sign up for a one-month free trial via iflix’s website, or by downloading the app to their phone or tablet from Google Play or the Apple App Store, giving them unlimited access to thousands of TV shows, movies and more across the world, on every device they own, with no credit card required and no obligations.
The company additionally announced a landmark three-year exclusive partnership with Smart Axiata (Smart), giving all Smart customers up to three months unlimited access to iflix’s service, sponsored by Smart. Concurrently, Smart also introduced new weekly and monthly iflix data plans, Smart StreamOn 2 and Smart StreamOn 8. These allow customers to enjoy the best streaming and entertainment experience, inclusive of a voice, SMS and data bundle.
Each iflix subscription includes:
- Unlimited access to iflix’s library of thousands of first-run exclusive shows, award-winning TV series, blockbuster movies, popular local and regional content, children’s programs and much more;
- Access to iflix on up to 5 devices at once, including phones, tablets, laptops, desktops, TVs and other connected devices;
- The ability to download TV shows and movies to any phone, tablet or mobile device to binge-watch offline, when not connected to the Internet;
- The ability to share the iflix subscription with family or friends and watch shows on two different devices at the same time.
With over 220 studio and distributor partnerships worldwide, iflix offers subscribers an extensive selection of iconic, critically acclaimed TV series and fan-favourite films both internationally and locally available in the region, such as hit Western titles The Flash, and The Magicians, as well as highly anticipated Korean dramas Goblin, The Legend of the Blue Sea and The Bride of Habaek. At launch, iflix’s most popular movies and TV shows will be offered with Khmer subtitles, with the aim of localizing the entire catalogue in the months to come.
iflix Cambodia and iflix Myanmar Country Manager, Adeana Greenlee said: “It is our aim to redefine how consumers in Cambodia experience entertainment through groundbreaking features and a seamless mobile experience. We are thrilled to partner with Smart, Cambodia’s leading mobile network, to deliver iflix’s revolutionary service to as many devices as possible.”
“By providing a new platform for local talent and building a product that’s better than piracy, we are committed to growing and supporting the Cambodian film and television industry in the coming months,” she added.
Monthly retail subscriptions for one month of unlimited access to iflix in Cambodia will be priced at US$3. Annual subscriptions will receive a two-month discount off the monthly rate and are priced at US$30 per year. For new subscribers, iflix offers a complimentary one-month trial with full access to its service, features and content. Go to www.iflix.com, or download the app from the Google Play or Apple App Store to register.
Cambodia marks the 18th market iflix has launched in. Its African launches into Nigeria, Ghana, Kenya, Tanzania and Zimbabwe are expected to follow next.