TM, JKR ink MoU to work towards enhancing public services with IoT
By Digital News Asia March 28, 2019
- TM ONE to equip JKR with digital solutions, services to enrich Malaysians
- Aiming towards more efficient road facilities, smart traffic system & smart building
Telekom Malaysia Bhd (TM), via its business solutions arm, TM ONE, and Public Works Department (Jabatan Kerja Raya – JKR) recently inked a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for both parties to collaborate on a strategic partnership to establish JKR as the pioneer in the adoption of Internet of Things (IoT) technology for the Malaysian government and its agencies.
This collaboration marks a steadfast effort between TM and JKR via a strategic partnership to contribute towards the growth of the construction industry with the provisioning of more efficient road facilities, smart traffic system and smart building as well as enabling a thriving digital economy for the country.
The MoU was signed by Ir. Azizi A Hadi, executive vice president, TM ONE and Mohd Roslan Mohd Rashidi, vice president, sales, TM ONE while JKR was represented by Ir. Kamaluddin Abdul Rashid, deputy director general, JKR and Ir. Shuib Tabri, director of Design Services, Electrical Engineering Branch, JKR. The signing ceremony was witnessed by Syed Omar Sharifuddin Syed Ikhsan, secretary general, Ministry of Works, Ir. Roslan Md Taha, director general, JKR and Imri Mokhtar, acting group chief executive officer, TM. Also present were senior officers of the Ministry of Works, JKR and TM.
Commenting on this latest collaboration, Azizi said, “We are excited to work hand in hand with JKR to accelerate the delivery of our digital services and solutions to help government agencies at addressing diverse challenges across various sectors such as transportation, safety and security, environmental and social sustainability and public services. As an enabler of Malaysia’s Digital Nation aspirations, TM through TM ONE is committed to play its strategic role in realising the Digital Government aspiration through Digital Solutions and Connectivity, true to TM’s vision of To Make Life and Business Easier, for a Better Malaysia.”
The MoU would see both parties establishing a basis for cooperation and collaboration that covers the broad framework of joint initiatives and feasibility studies on IoT technology development encompassing:
- Development of IoT platform for construction industry
- Connecting the nation via a public online reporting system
- Embarking on Industrial Revolution 4.0 (IR4.0) with smart traffic management system and smart transportation
- Optimising asset management, including fleet management, energy management, smart building management, disaster management and utility mapping.
- Continuous research initiatives in the field of digitalisation, optimisation, security, data analytics, machine learning and Artificial Intelligence (AI).
As the one and only capable of providing fully integrated telecommunications, ICT and digital services, TM ONE is committed to be the strategic enabler of a secure hyperconnected ecosystem by delivering IoT, Big Data and smart services leveraging on its complete digital solutions.
Through this collaboration, both parties will be leveraging on each other’s strengths to create greater value and support the growth of Malaysia’s digital economy.