Singtel completes acquisition of US-based Trustwave
By Digital News Asia September 2, 2015
- Strengthens its managed security services with enterprise-grade capabilities
- Also gets the Trustwave SpiderLabs ethical hacking and threat research team
SINGAPORE Telecommunications Ltd (Singtel) said it has completed its acquisition of US-based managed security services specialist Trustwave, first announced in April.
In a statement, Singtel said the acquisition will expand its line-up of cloud-based solutions and build on its vision to be a global managed security services provider.
In April, when it announced its intention, Singtel said it would be acquiring a 98% stake in Trustwave for US$810 million, with Trustwave chief executive officer and president Robert J. McCullen holding the remaining 2%.
READ ALSO: Slugfest: Malaysia’s Big 3 telcos in 1H 2015
“Singtel will leverage Trustwave’s strong market position in North America and its deep capabilities to offer differentiated security solutions to our customers,” said Singtel Group Enterprise chief executive officer Bill Chang.
“With Trustwave as the core of our cybersecurity business, Singtel is well positioned to be a leading global managed security services provider,” he added.
Headquartered in Chicago, Trustwave has a significant presence in the United States and Europe. It will maintain the Trustwave brand and operate as a standalone unit within Singtel Group Enterprise, the Singapore telco giant said in its statement.
“Joining Singtel gives us the ability to leverage its global presence and resources to accelerate worldwide adoption of Trustwave managed security services and technologies,” said McCullen.
“By combining Singtel's robust information and communications technology solutions with Trustwave’s industry-leading security offerings, we can provide cutting-edge services that enhance what we deliver to our valued customers and partners,” he added.
The acquisition enables Singtel to gain a number of Trustwave’s cyber security assets and capabilities including:
- Enterprise-grade managed security services for threat, vulnerability and compliance management delivered through the unified, cloud-based TrustKeeper portal;
- More than three million business subscribers (including 10,000 managed security services enterprise customers) in 96 countries;
- More than 1,200 security-focused employees located in 26 different countries; and
- The Trustwave SpiderLabs ethical hacking and threat research team (main pic above).
Trustwave also adds six more Security Operations Centres (SOCs) – four in North America, one in Asia Pacific and one in Europe – to Singtel’s existing SOC in Singapore and planned SOC in Australia.
Singtel acquires US cybersecurity company Trustwave for US$810mil
Singtel sharpens digital strategy, boosts leadership team
Singtel and FireEye launch joint Advanced Security Operations Centre
For more technology news and the latest updates, follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn or Like us on Facebook.
Author Name :
By commenting below, you agree to abide by our ground rules.