Maxis launches new concept store in Malaysia
By Digital News Asia May 16, 2019
- New design language, cutting-edge tech offers new level of personalised experience
- Engaging, relevant and rewarding interactions which cater to evolving customer needs
MAXIS on May 15 officially unveiled its brand new concept store, transforming its current outlet at The Gardens Mid Valley into a destination for increasingly digital savvy customers.
Infused with a new design language and cutting-edge technology for a new level of personalised digital experience, the store offers engaging, relevant and rewarding interactions for customers.
With high tech digital screens, a customer service counter that looks more like a café with baristas, personal demos, robots and app-enabled self-services, customers can enjoy a fully immersive retail experience. Innovation is apparent throughout, with a modular design that is scalable and interchangeable, catering to the fast-evolving needs of shoppers.
Here are six features of the new Maxis concept store:
- Maxis Interactive Retail Assistant (M.I.R.A.) – a first-of-its-kind web app that gives customers a peek into Maxis promos, customised offers and more. All customers need to do is scan a QR code on a digital screen to set off their journey
- Discovery app for all demo devices – Another first in the country, this app allows customers to compare devices, pricing, plans and accessories through voice-activated giant screens for a fully immersive experience
- Fully immersive digital screens – The first retail store in the world with a combined giant LED screen and 11 units of 98” screens all in one setting. One of the features includes voice-recognition screens, which allows Maxis personnel to share comparisons of different devices available in the store.
- Retail analytics – A tool that enables Maxis to better understand customers for more personalised engagement, including customer demographics and sentiment, customers’ time in-store, customer journey and zonal engagement.
- RFID – Through this technology, wireless security enables customers to truly feel free by self-browsing accessories of their choice, without having to worry about them being locked down by cables.
- MPOS (Mobile Point-of-Sale) and wireless biometrics – This technology enables Maxis personnel to serve customers anywhere in the store.
“Our brand new concept store is an important part of our long term ambition, which is built around three key focus areas – our ability to cater to the evolving digital lifestyles of everyone, providing a differentiated and unmatched personalised experience, and evolving our culture towards higher levels of innovation and efficiency.
“With our relentless innovation and deep understanding of our customers’ needs and behaviours, this store not only sets benchmarks for the telco industry, but for the entire retail industry in Malaysia. This is a game changer, and we are proud to be building something valuable for all our customers. We are really excited to unlock the potential and possibilities of an Internet-enabled life, with a new experience that compliments the digitally-empowered customer,” said Maxis chief executive officer Gokhan Ogut.
The store also demonstrates new capabilities and offerings for Retail Enterprise customers, driven by Maxis’ focus on helping Malaysian retailers digitalise both their online and offline experience through its suite of e-commerce and digitally-driven physical retail solutions.
This would enable retailers to deliver digitalised, personalised experiences to their own customers, ultimately staying competitive and being able to cater to the evolving business landscape.
Maxis will be regularly collaborating with brands to compliment the overall customer experience through tailor-made events and activities. This month, the store will feature a gaming zone by Razer, world leader in high-performance gaming hardware, software and systems. Here, customers can participate in the latest mobile gaming competitions and win exciting prizes.