Maxis forms 5G alliances to accelerate tech breakthroughs
By Digital News Asia June 16, 2022
- Aims to spur adoption, deployment of innovation via 5G
- Will co-create, commercialise, scale 5G use cases, solutions
Maxis has formed one of the largest 5G alliances in Malaysia to accelerate technology breakthroughs and IoT enterprise solutions.
In a statement, the telco said this alliance comprises global and local technology and industry partners, innovators and lighthouse customers from diverse industries.
It said the alliance will co-create, commercialise and scale 5G use cases and innovative solutions across industries to drive digital transformation and innovation.
Paul McManus (pic), chief enterprise business officer, Maxis said there is no doubt that 5G will bring exciting benefits to individuals, businesses and government in strengthening Malaysia’s competitiveness in the region.
“At Maxis, we are committed to fostering and investing in innovation in the country and we are proud to have an esteemed group onboard which will enable members to work together to grow and leverage this symbiotic ecosystem to unlock the lucrative value of Industry 4.0 (IR4.0) technologies such as Internet of Things (IoT), cloud, edge computing, virtual and augmented reality (VR and AR),” he said.
Maxis 5G Alliance currently has 16 initial members.
They include Advantech, Amdocs, CrescoNet (formerly an Intellihub group company), Cisco, Google Cloud, GSMA (APAC 5G Industry Community), Huawei, LLVision, Microsoft, MIMOS, Motorola Solutions, NEC, Omron, Realwear, SAS, and Vodafone.
The community is expected to grow as the Maxis 5G Alliance is intended to be an open collaboration across all organisations that can help to spur the adoption and deployment of innovation that will be enabled through 5G and ubiquitous converged network connectivity.
According to Maxis, these member organisations are structured according to three streams:
1. Technology and Industry Partners. This include best-of-breed technology providers that will accelerate the adoption of solutions across key industries by delivering technology platforms, expertise, experience, and support.
2. Innovators. These are thought leaders, labs, research and development (R&D) startups, and education institutions that will advance 5G innovation and help explore and stimulate new and exciting potential industry applications.
3. Strategic client partners. This comprises industry and business leaders that will advocate innovation and act as industry lighthouse clients.
With the diversity of partners within Maxis’ 5G Alliance ecosystem, business customers will benefit from this network through:
- Sell and grow programmes – Leveraging sales and channel distribution of the 5G Alliance community to drive new business opportunities, penetrate new markets, accelerate sales cycles, and collaborate on joint sales go-to-market activities;
- Engage and exchange programmes – Gain insights, advisory and expertise from the ecosystem of experts. Ignite and exchange ideas for specific industries through networking and engagement opportunities with other Alliance members; and
- Innovate and build programmes – Gain access to tech support, IoT network and platforms, application programing interfaces (APIs), lab and device certification to co-create and commercialise new solutions, as well as run market validation and pre-commercialisation pilots with strategic partners.
As members of the Alliance, Mimos will provide access to its 5G and AI Innovation Hub to develop and test use cases, while Maxis will provide an experiential journey by showcasing the use cases.
Through its collaboration with Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), Maxis invites enterprises to trial multi-access edge computing use cases.
Meanwhile, the GSM Association (GSMA) on the other hand will facilitate knowledge transfer and training via its quarterly forum and 5G insights.
Click here for more information about Maxis 5G Alliance and to become a member.
Related Stories :