Sunway iLabs picked as 5th Digital Hub™ by MDEC
By Digital News Asia December 15, 2017
- Strengthens its position in startup ecosystem, expands its partnership with MDEC
- Provides opportunity for entrepreneurs to connect to global markets, digital ecosystem.
AT TechMatch ASEAN 2017, being held Dec 14-15, the Malaysian Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC) announced Sunway iLabs as the fifth Malaysia Digital Hub™. As a Digital Hub, Sunway iLabs will offer startups the opportunity for global expansion, ready access to high-speed broadband and fibre optic connectivity, funding and facilitation opportunities, workforce-ready ecosystem, technologically focused and a holistic convenience and lifestyle experience.
“We are delighted to announce Sunway iLabs as Malaysia’s fifth Digital Hub™. Digital hubs provide startups and tech entrepreneurs the connections and dynamic workspaces to achieve rapid growth and help Malaysia establish itself as a digital and tech hub in the ASEAN region,” said Yasmin Mahmood, CEO of MDEC. “Our target in 2017 was to establish three Digital Hubs and we are happy that we have surpassed our target with today’s announcement.”
“As a Malaysia Digital Hub™, Sunway iLabs strengthens its position in the startup eco-system and expands its partnership with MDEC. We will now be able to link startups to programmes such as the Malaysian Tech Entrepreneur Programme which provides end-to-end support for startup communities beyond Asia who want to base their business in Malaysia,” said Matt Van Leeuwen, Director, Sunway iLabs.
Malaysia Digital Hub™ is awarded to participating partners to catalyse the economy by attracting and maintaining startups and its ecosystems, focusing on high speed broadband and soft offerings.
Digital Hub™ is a co-working space that allows the setup of tech and digital startups in a conducive environment. The space provides the opportunity for entrepreneurs to connect to global markets and the digital ecosystem.
Malaysia Digital Hub provides G.R.O.W.T.H. opportunities for businesses:
- G – Global expansion opportunities for growing startups
- R – Ready access to high-speed broadband and fibre optic connectivity
- O – Optimised for funding and facilitation opportunities
- W – Workforce-ready via a robust talent development ecosystem
- T - Technologically focused to attract global tech companies as anchor tenants
- H - Holistic convenience and lifestyle experience
Participating partners include:
- The Co.
- Common Ground
- Sunway Innovation Labs
Author Name :
By commenting below, you agree to abide by our ground rules.