Selangor Accelerator programme picks its 2020 top 10 winners

  • Culmination of a four-month virtual programme with mentorship and Demo Day
  • Five selected as Top 5, awarded US$1,400 in prize money with additional perks

LinkUp Smart Solutions was judged to be a Top 5 winner in 2020 at the Selangor Accelerator Programme.

The Selangor Information Technology and E-Commerce Council (SITEC) has announced the Top 10 winners for the Selangor Accelerator Programme 2020 (SAP 2020). This comes after the programme’s Pitch@Selangor 3: SAP Demo Day, which was held over the weekend.

The Demo Day and awards ceremony is the culmination of four months of training, mentorship and learning for the 27 participants of SAP 2020.

These startups encompass a variety of industries and adapt various technology drivers and marketplaces including logistic and enterprise solutions (14), IoT & Smart City (5), SASS Model (2), Cloud Computing, AI in Agricultural, e-Commerce, Fintech and Proptech (4). These 27 participants were carefully selected from 110 submissions.

The Demo Day was presided by a panel of eight judges who contributed 70% of the judging score for participants of the programme. The other 30% comes the participants’ performance and attendance during the programme.

The top 10 startups of the SAP 2020 are, in no particular order:

  • LinkUp Smart Solutions
  • QueueMed
  • Ejen2u
  • Pomen
  • HeyAlfred
  • GA Alliance
  • Didigo
  • The Carpedia
  • Footballhub
  • Trucktrader

Of the top 10 startups chosen, LinkUp Smart Solutions, QueueMed, Ejen2u, Pomen and HeyAlfred were chosen as the top five. Each walked away with US$1,440 (RM6,000) in prize money, as well as other additional perks.

SAP 2020, launched in May this year, is a four-month accelerator programme aimed at making participating startups investor-ready. For its third cohort, SAP 2020 focused on startups based in new or emerging technologies applicable across industries and verticals, including Artificial Intelligence (AI), Blockchain, Cloud computing, Big Data, Machine Learning, Internet of Things (IoT), Smart City and e-Commerce.

The Selangor Accelerator Programme, launched by SITEC, has over the years offered fully-sponsored local and overseas trips, on top of networking opportunities, peer support communities, hands-on workshops, pitching clinics and one-to-one mentoring sessions.

SAP 2019 saw the Top 10 winners travelling to Jakarta as part of a study trip to explore the country’s startup ecosystem, which included visits to prominent startup unicorns Go-jek and Bukalapak. Previously, the Top 10 winners of SAP 2018 had their study tour in TsingHua University, China. They also enjoyed exposure via top pitching opportunities in Beijing and Hangzhou.

Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, SAP 2020’s mentoring session was conducted virtually across the four months of the programme.

Previous Top 10 winners of SAP include the likes of JomParkir, BeWe, PrimeXcess, Dropee, HOMA and PineTop.


Related Stories :

Keyword(s) :
Author Name :
Download Digerati50 2020-2021 PDF

Digerati50 2020-2021

Get and download a digital copy of Digerati50 2020-2021