MyEG launches automotive portal

  • Targeted at car buyers and sellers, including owners and dealers
  • To act as one-stop centre for all related transactions, including financing
MyEG launches automotive portal

E-GOVERNMENT services provider MY EG Services Bhd (MyEG) has launched its new automotive portal MyMotor, which it said would offer “an integrated transactional online solution” to vehicle ownership.
 
This would be a distinct advantage in the automotive online classifieds market, which is filled with portals focused mainly on car listings, the company said in a statement.
 
The website is targeted primarily at all car buyers and sellers comprising individual owners, used car dealers, as well as new car dealers and salespeople, MyMotor said.
 
News that MyEG was getting into the automotive portal space first broke late last year when a new company Car X Services was incorporated on Oct 29, saying that its principal activity is to operate and manage an automotive classifieds web portal, plus value-added services for the portal.
 
Details showed that its directors of Car X Services include one Lee Yeow Pin and MyEG cofounder T.S. Wong.
 
Also on Oct 29, MyEG announced it had acquired an 80% stake in Car X Services. The remaining 20% stake is held by Lee.
 
Car X is entering an already heated market, dotted with a number of established players such iCar Asia Ltd’s Carlist.my; the ever-popular PaulTan.org and its oto.my classifieds site; plus other less well-known sites.
 
Meanwhile, MyMotor said it will undertake the search for the best deals, ensure cars listed for sale are verified by a team of motoring experts, and provide a one-stop solution for all transactions required on a safe and secure platform, based on the existing framework established by MyEG.
 
In this initial stage, MyMotor will be providing a free listing service for car sellers starting today (June 18).
 
“MyMotor is an absolute hassle-free online platform that brings both the buyer and sellers of vehicles together,” said managing director Dr Philip Ng.
 
“It serves as a sales and purchasing assistant, easing the buying and selling transactions for customers. … MyMotor will assist the buyer and seller to complete the transaction from start to finish.
 
“We will come to you, assess your vehicle, and help you sell your car at the best price. If you're buying, you will get to choose real cars at real prices from their real owners,” he added.
 
Ng said the portal would act as a one-stop centre where users can buy or sell a car, and have all transactions including vehicle financing, road tax, insurance and car ownership transfer done.
 
“Backed by MyEG, we have a solid track record and strong partnerships in place to ensure value-added services that no other online car websites can offer,” he claimed.
 
For this Muslim fasting month of Ramadhan, the first 50 cars successfully purchased through MyMotor will receive RM3,000 (US$800) cash back, subject to approved vehicle financing.
 
The promotion is valid until the end of Ramadhan or for the first 50 cars sold, whichever comes first, MyMotor said.
 
Related Stories:
 
Automotive online classifieds market heats up with MyEG entry
 
Paul Tan: From personal adversity to professional triumph
 
We are very confident we will own this market: iCar CEO
 
 
For more technology news and the latest updates, follow us on TwitterLinkedIn or Like us on Facebook.

 
Keyword(s) :
 
Author Name :
 

By commenting below, you agree to abide by our ground rules.

Subscribe to SNAP
Download Digerati50 2018-2019 PDF

Digerati50 2018-2019

Get and download a digital copy of Digerati50 2018-2019