Inaugural Oracle Startup Cloud Accelerator programme commences in Singapore
By Digital News Asia October 28, 2017
- Startups are Arya.ai, FlexM, FOMO Pay, Hacker Trail, RL Club, and Unscrambl
- Leverage on new technology solutions across retail, recruitment, and finance
ORACLE on Oct 25 announced the inaugural class of startup participants officially commencing the six-month Oracle Startup Cloud Accelerator programme in Singapore.
Selected from hundreds of applicants, the six startups in Singapore’s initial class were chosen from a highly competitive and diverse pool of startups.
They are Arya.ai, FlexM, FOMO Pay, Hacker Trail, RL Club, and Unscrambl.
These startups leverage on new technology solutions across industries such as retail, recruitment, and finance.
The startups will be entitled to technical and business mentoring by Oracle and industry experts, state-of-the-art technology with free Oracle Cloud credits, full access to a co-working space within Oracle’s premises, as well as access to Oracle’s global ecosystem of startup peers, customers, investors and partners.
Sanket Atal, group vice president of research and development, Oracle Corporation, said, “Singapore has a vibrant entrepreneurial ecosystem and we received a brilliant response from the community. We are extremely thrilled to announce the six companies shortlisted for the first cohort of the Oracle Startup Cloud Accelerator program in Singapore.
“These startups are an exciting mix with expertise in artificial intelligence, machine learning, deep technology, payment gateways and other disruptive technologies. We can’t wait to start working with these incredible startups with great potential.”
Zack Yang, chief operations officer at FOMO Pay said, “We are excited to embark on this journey with Oracle Startup Cloud Accelerator. As a payment solution platform, Oracle’s expertise in providing the right cloud infrastructure for enterprises is a perfect match for us. I believe that this synergy between FOMO Pay and Oracle will bring our mobile payment technology to greater heights.”
Details of the new cohort at the Oracle Startup Cloud Accelerator programme in Singapore:
- Arya.ai is an enterprise deep learning platform designed to automate complex data science tasks involved while building neural network based application or predictive models and in production. The platform is optimised for autonomous applications that can learn and re-learn in real-time without any human input.
- FlexM is a fast-growing Singapore-based fintech company working toward the financial inclusion of migrant and foreign domestic workers. FlexM’s complete and seamless financial solution is designed specifically to consist of consumer card, payroll solutions for businesses, and prepaid global cards.
- FOMO Pay is a one-stop QR code payment solution platform that enables merchants to accept a full suite of new payment methods including WeChat Pay, NETSPay, mVISA, and more. With FOMO Pay, merchants can unlock their business potential by giving customers the payment options they prefer and adopt cashless payment easily.
- Hacker Trail is a curated, cloud-based marketplace for the technology industry, designed to source, engage, curate and connect the right candidates with the right job opportunities across Southeast Asia. Headquartered in Singapore, HackerTrail engages with candidates from over 80 countries and serves top multinational companies and fast growing startups in the region.
- RL Club is a rewards and loyalty club mobile app that rewards consumers for brand engagement and advertisement consumption. It solves loyalty for enterprise by building and operating award-winning white-label mobile engagement platforms for telecoms and banks, enabling their customers to be paid by consuming targeted ads.
- Unscrambl is an Atlanta-based startup that has developed a disruptive, next generation real-time cognitive analytics platform. Unscrambl’s solution senses events as they happen, analyses in context with artificial intelligence, and responds in real-time with optimal recommendations and actions.
Launched in April 2016, the Oracle Startup Cloud Accelerator programme is a next-generation acceleration initiative driven by Oracle R&D.
The programme focuses on reimagining enterprise innovation through collaborations with startups that foster co-development and co-innovation.
The Oracle Startup Cloud Accelerator is open to technology and technology-enabled startups.
Global locations include Bangalore, Bristol, Delhi–NCR, Mumbai, Paris, São Paulo, Singapore and Tel Aviv.
The Startup Cloud Accelerator is working with F6S, an online network of startup founders, to generate applications for the eight accelerator programmes.
‘Challenger brand’ Oracle's digital hubs in Asia mark its transition from product to services company
Oracle Digital Hub Malaysia a boon to SMEs in APAC
Oracle builds partnership with Indonesia’s Central Data Technology