Meltwater amps up Buzz 3.0 for social media marketers
By Gabey Goh March 6, 2013
- Buzz 3.0 includes new user experience, community analytics and comprehensive analytics upgrade
- Free trial now being offered to interested marketers
ONLINE intelligence solutions provider Meltwater has announced an upgrade to Meltwater Buzz, its flagship social media marketing suite.
Meltwater Buzz 3.0 is touted to help social media marketers efficiently monitor and engage in social conversations across large communities, and execute campaigns that deliver real marketing return on investment (ROI).
“Trying to monitor millions of social conversations and engage thousands of social influencers at a personal level is a huge challenge,” said Joel York (pic), executive director of Marketing and Product for Meltwater.
“As we move from traditional monologue marketing to social dialogue marketing, there is a clear need for an efficient, social mission control console. Meltwater Buzz helps marketers build social communities and create campaigns that drive viral word-of-mouth for real social ROI,” he added.
According to York, Meltwater's search and sentiment technologies are based on the company’s own proprietary Natural Language Processing (NLP) technology.
The larger the volume of data analyzed, the more statistically significant and correct the sentiment analysis of a campaign is.
When asked about the accuracy level of Buzz 3.0 in gauging sentiment on a highly granular level, York admitted that when it comes down to pinpointing specific sentiment around one specific tweet or post, the technology is not error-free.
“Slang, local terms and social media shorthand definitely impact results and make NLP challenging on a micro scale,” he added.
In the Asia Pacific region, Meltwater Buzz is used by over 200 companies. At the same time, over 1,000 clients from the region use other products from its portfolio. [Amended to clarify company clientele]
Monologue to dialogue marketing
Meltwater Buzz 3.0 boasts key improvements to help efficiently move from monologue to dialogue marketing and execute more effective social media marketing campaigns.
Enhancements include a new user experience for increased efficiency, community analytics to measure and grow social communities, in addition to a comprehensive analytics upgrade for clearer insights across social conversations and social media channels.
According to York, major highlights of the design and feature upgrades across the platform include:
- New home screen layout provides easy to understand monitoring and engagement snapshots
- New chart designs for deeper insight
- Icon-based navigation icons instead of text
- New features to the platform allow users to tag, analyze and segment social communities
- Capability to analyze up to six months of historic social media data for comprehensive analysis
- Navigation between graphs and actual content is now easier, with one-click drill down from charts to detailed content
- Quickly scan by title, author, media channel and location
- Immediate access to the most useful social interactions right next to the content
For marketers who are evaluating social community management solutions, a free trial of Meltwater Buzz 3.0 is available here.