Zalora launches iPhone shopping app
By Digital News Asia April 25, 2013
- Users can get push notifications on new arrivals and flash sales
- Company believes m-commerce can help grow market share
FASHION and beauty e-commerce site Zalora has launched an iPhone shopping app that allows on-the-go shoppers across the region to seamlessly navigate over 500 brands and 15,000 products across the apparel, shoes, accessories and beauty categories.
The iPhone app, available here, enables shoppers to:
- Receive push notifications on new arrivals and flash sales;
- Easily browse for a quick overview of product information, images, ratings and reviews;
- Add items to cart and infinitely save them for later (as long as the app is kept active);
- Pick from multiple payment methods (credit card, PayPal or cash on delivery).
“The launch of the Zalora iPhone app represents a milestone for us in taking mobile yet another step further,” said Michele Ferrario, regional managing director, Zalora South-East Asia.
“We are confident that m-commerce (mobile commerce) can help us grow our market share in the online shopping sphere, particularly so in South-East Asia, a region with an already high mobile penetration and still even more potential for higher mobile reach as its telecommunications infrastructure develops exponentially,” she said.
Founded in early 2012 by Germany’s Rocket Internet, Zalora claims to be South-East Asia’s fastest-growing online fashion and beauty retailer, with a presence in Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, Hong Kong and Taiwan.
In March, it announced that it received a US$26-million investment from German retail company Tengelmann Group.
Author Name :
By commenting below, you agree to abide by our ground rules.