Zalora launches iPhone shopping app
By Digital News Asia April 25, 2013
- Users can get push notifications on new arrivals and flash sales
- Company believes m-commerce can help grow market share
The iPhone app, available here, enables shoppers to:
- Receive push notifications on new arrivals and flash sales;
- Easily browse for a quick overview of product information, images, ratings and reviews;
- Add items to cart and infinitely save them for later (as long as the app is kept active);
- Pick from multiple payment methods (credit card, PayPal or cash on delivery).
“We are confident that m-commerce (mobile commerce) can help us grow our market share in the online shopping sphere, particularly so in South-East Asia, a region with an already high mobile penetration and still even more potential for higher mobile reach as its telecommunications infrastructure develops exponentially,” she said.
Founded in early 2012 by Germany’s Rocket Internet, Zalora claims to be South-East Asia’s fastest-growing online fashion and beauty retailer, with a presence in Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, Hong Kong and Taiwan.
In March, it announced that it received a US$26-million investment from German retail company Tengelmann Group.
Zalora secures €20mil investment from German retail giant
For more technology news and the latest updates, follow @dnewsasia on Twitter or Like us on Facebook.
Author Name :
By commenting below, you agree to abide by our ground rules.