HotelQuickly app now on the Apple Watch
By Digital News Asia May 4, 2015
- Works in tandem with iPhone, handoff continuity between both devices
- 1mil people have downloaded the app in the two years since launch
ASIA Pacific last-minute hotel booking startup HotelQuickly’s app is now available on Apple Watch, the company said in a statement.
Working in tandem with the traveller’s iPhone, the HotelQuickly Apple Watch app brings simplified access for navigation and check-in to the wrist, and ‘handoff’ continuity for instant transition right where users left off on their watch, HotelQuickly said in a statement.
“40% of HotelQuickly customers use iPhones for their last-minute bookings. By launching the HotelQuickly app for Apple Watch, we are continuing to innovate the mobile travel segment in Asia Pacific and are taking the hotel booking experience to the next level,” said cofounder and chief technology officer Michal Juhas.
“The immediacy of the watch encourages impulse bookings and will keep HotelQuickly top of mind with spontaneous travellers,” he added.
HotelQuickly app for Apple Watch features:
- Booking reference: Users can manage their current bookings and access details on hotel name, arrival date, number of nights, location on a map and directions from current location, the address available in both English and the local language of the hotel, and the telephone number of the hotel.
- Handoff: creates smooth integration and continuity with the parent HotelQuickly app on user’s iPhones, enabling them to continue browsing hotel offers, navigating the map or reviewing their booking details, where they left off on their Apple Watch.
- Timely alerts: Vibrates the watch as users could miss important notifications on their phones.
“Within two years of launching HotelQuickly, about one million people have downloaded the app,” Juhas claimed.
The HotelQuickly app for Apple Watch is available from the App Watch Store. The HotelQuickly iPhone app is free to download from iTunes here.
HotelQuickly out to disrupt online hotel bookings in Malaysia
HotelQuickly closer to hitting 2015 goals, thanks to Korean expansion
HotelQuickly secures US$1.15mil funding, eyes rapid expansion
For more technology news and the latest updates, follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn or Like us on Facebook.
Author Name :
By commenting below, you agree to abide by our ground rules.