Chat privacy: Shhh … and Zipit with Celcom
By Digital News Asia September 24, 2015
- App built on AES 256 standard, available for Android devices first
- Privacy for chats, messages, email, and phone book information
CELCOM Axiata Bhd has unveiled Zipit Chat, which it claimed guarantees the ultimate privacy in mobile chat communication.
The Zipit Chat app, built on Advanced Encryption Standards (AES) 256, is available for the Android platform for RM10 (US$2.33 at current rates); an iOS version is expected to be available next month, Celcom said in a statement.
“Many of us love to communicate in private. We want our chats to stay confidential when it goes to someone else, via our mobile devices,” said Celcom Axiata chief marketing and sales officer Zalman Aefendy Zainal Abidin (pic).
“Zipit Chat does just that, and access to sensitive information can now be protected against unwarranted disclosure,” he added.
Zipit Chat has four features which guarantee communicators the ultimate privacy for their chats, messages, email, and phone book information, Celcom said.
- Secure: Chats, email, Voice-over-IP (VoIP) and files to be transferred, can be encrypted;
- Protection: Password protection can be reset and the screen capture disabled;
- Control: Media and phone book info can be switched to private mode and messages can be made to self-destruct; and
- Invisible: Conversations remain in stealth mode.
Celcom will offer the service for free, with terms and conditions to apply, until Nov 22. For more information, go to www.zipitchat.com.my.
SafeChats aims to give messaging an encryption edge
Privacy concerns may limit mobile app adoption in Malaysia: GSMA
Privacy laws: Why we have them, and who benefits
For more technology news and the latest updates, follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn or Like us on Facebook.
Author Name :
By commenting below, you agree to abide by our ground rules.