Petfinder bags DiGi WWWOW award of the year
By Digital News Asia June 11, 2012
- Petfinder wins DiGi WWWOW of the Year at DiGi WWWOW Internet For All Awards
- Overwhelming response recorded with over 1,700 unique entries submitted and more than 170,600 votes cast
A MALAYSIAN pet welfare portal has captured the top spot among 14 category winners at the recently concluded 2012 DiGi WWWOW Internet for All Awards last week.
Petfinder, one of Malaysia’s leading pet portal and a registered non-governmental organization (NGO) took the top prize among the categories open for public nomination and voting. Petfinder advocates responsible pet ownership and a loving home for every pet while upholding animal welfare.
Sulin Lau (pic second from left), DiGi’s Head of marketing services, said that DiGi has been touched and inspired by the Malaysian Netizens this year.
For the DiGi WWWOW Internet for All Awards 2012, DiGi wanted to find special people who were using the power of the Internet to do special things, Lau said.
“From what we have seen, we are more convinced than ever how talented Malaysians are," she said in a statement. With the expanded range of categories this year, we are also fortunate to see the breadth of Malaysian life, covering everything from fashion to food, comedy to culture, and commerce to social causes.”
DiGi said since the submission of entries opened on March 24, there were 1,705 unique entries submitted in 30 days. The public voting period of between May 14 and 17, recorded a total of 170,629 votes cast in the 14-day period in 14 categories that were opened to voting.
The mobile operator also noted that viral interest was stronger than ever this year, with over 2,000 tweets carrying the #DiGiWWWOW hashtag, creating more than 3 million impressions, while the WWWOW.my micro website registered 1.4 million page views from 335,000 unique visitors from March 24 to May 16.
DiGi said in addition to public voting, entries with the most votes in each category were evaluated by the judges, based on originality, relevance, execution and impact they have made on others.
From the scores, five finalists from each of the 16 categories were invited to attend the awards ceremony. The DiGi WWWOW People’s Choice of The Year Award 2012 went to the nominee with the highest number of popular votes while the DiGi WWWOW Of The Year 2012 award was presented to the most inspirational entry of all amongst the winners of the 14 categories, based on the judges’ decision.
The DiGi WWWOW Internet For All Awards Event Finale saw 16 awards presented as follows:
1. ASTRO Top Online Over-Achiever Under 15 - ImanSyippo, Vote for me :)
2. Nuffnang Fave Makan-Makan Expert 2012 - Fried Chillis
3. Nuffnang Fave Kay Poh 2012 - Rotikaya
4. Lowyat.net Fave Tech Head 2012 - keiths.blog
5. Says.my Online Shop of the Year 2012 - friendlyfashion
6. Nuffnang Blogger of The Year 2012 - Bro, Don't Like That La, Bro
7. Google Most Inspiring Internet for Good Award 2012 - PetFinder.my
8. Innity Funniest Video of The Year 2012 - My Generasi
9. InMobi Mobile Short Film of The Year 2012 - Terima Kasih Malaysia: Belacan
10. Malaysiakini PhotoJournalist of The Year 2012 - Sea Gypsies
11. MSN Breakthrough Star Performer of The Year 2012 - Talents of SMK Seafield
12. Yahoo! Social Media Gathering of The Year 2012 - Tweet-Up Kaseh
13. Mudah.my Most Promising Webpreneur of the Year 2012 - Christy Ng Shoes
14. Samsung App of the Year Award 2012 - First Words for Geeks
15. DiGi WWWOW People’s Choice of The Year Award 2012 (by popular vote) - MyHazman.com
16. DiGi WWWOW Of The Year 2012 (The Best of The Best) - PetFinder.my
For the full list of judges and more information please visit DiGi WWWoW Judges and WWWOW respectively.