Madcat launches PeaceBeUponYou app for Muslims
By Digital News Asia June 15, 2016
- Includes quotes, prayers, Q&As and various content on Islam and the Islamic lifestyle
- To also bring Canada-based Milo Productions’ TV series to an app for the first time
MADCAT World Sdn Bhd has announced the release of the first version of PeaceBeUponYou, an app aimed at connecting users around the world to content about Islam, Islamic lifestyle and issues affecting the daily life as a Muslim.
The app is available for Android-based mobile devices, and its content comes in three languages: English, Bahasa Indonesia and Bahasa Malaysia, the company said in a statement. It is currently developing an iOS version, with a target release date of July.
“We want to bring [Islamic] values to our users wherever they are, and that is why we have gathered much relevant information and content from various sources, and made them accessible on and through a single platform,” said Madcat World managing director Nuraizah Shamsul Baharin (pic above).
“Over 1.3 million users from all over the world have downloaded apps created by Madcat so far. The milestone was definitely a motivation for us to create PeaceBeUponYou,” she added.
Key PeaceBeUponYou features include:
- Quote of the Day: This feature has a daily quote that users can share with others on social media networks and via email. To enhance user experience, Madcat provides editing tools so that users can edit, for instance, the font, background image and adjust its brightness based on their preference;
- LifeQ: PeaceBeUponYou app lets users access to questions and answers concerning Islamic lifestyle and daily life matters;
- LifeBytes: This feature allows users to access articles on a certain theme at a time such as Ramadhan (the Muslim holy month). There are also videos covering various topics to help users increase understanding about Islam; and
- LifeFlavor: This feature connects users to a variety of content including prayers, recitals and trivia presented in text, audio and visual formats.
“We’ve built PeaceBeUponYou app to include content in Bahasa Indonesia for users in Indonesia, the country that has the largest Muslim population in the world,” said Nuraizah.
“We are planning more local content as well as looking for partners in Indonesia,” she added.
Madcat World said it has formed a strategic partnership with Canada-based Milo Productions Inc to feature the animated TV series Mujeeb and Steve, the first time the series has been made available via a mobile app.
Milo Productions is the founder of Muslim Kids TV.
Muslimarket.com aims to provide the complete Islamic package
Muslim-focused online travel startup Tripfez lands US$750K funding
Go mobile and reap big bucks during Ramadhan: Google Indonesia
Rocketech wants to connect single Muslims with Salamz
For more technology news and the latest updates, follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn or Like us on Facebook.