ACCA comes out with iOS apps for accounting students, pros
By Digital News Asia August 8, 2012
- Apps designed to get students and professionals organised and up-to-date
- Student app for the iPhone, pro app for the iPad – and both are free
THE ACCA (Association of Chartered Certified Accountants) has launched two apps, Student Planner and Research and Insights, to keep its students and professionals organized and informed of key accounting issues.
The Student Planner app is free to download and is available for the iPhone, the ACCA said in a statement.
It offers students:
- Advice on how to get started with the ACCA qualification, pass exams, gain experience and behave ethically and professionally;
- A countdown to key dates relating to exams and recording experience, with the ability to set alerts for these events and synchronize them with their iPhone calendar;
- An interactive tool to work out when they might become an ACCA member, based on their progress and if they stay on track with their study and plans for gaining experience; and
- Insight into how fast they are progressing and tips on how to move faster through to ACCA membership.
The Research and Insights app, also free, is for the iPad and keeps users up-to-date with the latest reports that have been published.
The app also explores trends and issues crucial for business, economies, society and the accountancy profession, the ACCA claimed.
There are other features to the app such as exclusive video interviews with ACCA’s leading experts and interactive infographics.
“These apps have been designed to make it easier to access information on technology that more people are now relying on, such as smartphones and tablets,” said Jennifer Lopez, country head of ACCA Malaysia.
“This is all part of ACCA’s digital strategy, which is about making our products and materials available to the online community,” she added.
Author Name :
By commenting below, you agree to abide by our ground rules.