Oracle launches MySQL Workbench 6.0
By Digital News Asia September 4, 2013
- Features a number of new enhancements based on community feedback
- Redesigned flexible GUI helps streamline open source database management
ORACLE Corporation has announced the general availability of MySQL Workbench 6.0, the open source design, development and administration tool.
MySQL Workbench is a unified visual tool that provides data modelling, SQL development, and comprehensive administration for server configuration, user administration, migration and more, the company said in a statement.
The latest version delivers a redesigned graphical user interface (GUI) that extends database management capabilities and improves user productivity, Oracle claimed.
“MySQL Workbench 6.0 is a major update that features a number of new enhancements based on community feedback,” said Tomas Ulin (pic), vice president MySQL Engineering at Oracle.
“This release makes it easier than ever for administrators and developers to design, develop, and manage their MySQL databases,” he added.
MySQL Community Edition is available free of charge under the General Public Licence (GPL).
Some of the MySQL Workbench 6.0 improvements are:
- Redesigned GUI: Includes a modernised home screen and a streamlined interface for unified, multi-tasking database management and development.
- Vertical query results mode: Allows query results to be visualised as a column/ value pair list, which is ideal for queries that produce few rows but many columns.
- New Table Data Search: Enables a text search on any number of tables and schemas for rows matching a given pattern.
- Improved Server Status: Provides a quick summary of server status and configuration.
- Community driven features: MySQL Workbench 6.0 addresses well over 200 inputs and requests from the community, Oracle said.
- MySQL Enterprise Backup GUI: Now allows setup, run, schedule, and view backups while in progress, as well as automating restores.
- MySQL Audit Log Inspector: Allows users to browse and analyse audit data generated via MySQL Enterprise Audit. With filtering and search capabilities, users will be able to more easily assess the audit log content generated via MySQL Enterprise Audit.
Author Name :
By commenting below, you agree to abide by our ground rules.