New Avaya solutions for omni-channel customer experience
By Digital News Asia March 17, 2014
- Unifies and simplifies multichannel self-service and proactive engagement with single platform
- Intelligently coordinates services and resources based on real-time insights, company claims
AVAYA has announced new and enhanced customer experience management solutions that it said would help businesses eliminate the fragmented, high-effort service that jeopardises customer loyalty and revenue growth.
From a single software platform, new capabilities increase reach and bring every aspect of the customer experience into a seamless, dynamic stream with greater, real-time visibility into interactions and contextual information, the company said in a statement.
The end result is a transformed customer experience built one interaction at a time, Avaya claimed.
According to a recent Avaya survey, 93% of business managers recognise that not providing a holistic, personalised, proactive customer experience has potential consequences which can include lost customers, missed sales opportunities and lower revenue, and reduced loyalty.
Avaya Customer Experience Management (CEM) solutions help deliver that holistic, proactive experience by enabling companies to centralise and orchestrate all mobile, web and contact centre interactions that occur throughout a customer care cycle, it said.
Companies can now easily design and manage interactive proactive outreach and self-service applications over SMS and email along with existing mobile, phone, video, and other touch points from a single platform.
By doing so, they have greater visibility, insights, and control across mobile, web and the contact centre and enable a consistent, omni-channel customer experience that’s missing from many customer service strategies today.
“As the way customers interact with businesses is rapidly evolving, companies must put greater emphasis on customer engagement, expectations, and the overall customer experience,” said Krishna Baidya, research manager of the ICT practice at Frost & Sullivan Asia Pacific.
“The business impact of managing these interactions effectively is well understood, but it’s becoming increasingly more complex with the evolution to multi- and eventually omni-channel communications.
“Businesses need a platform that is simple and intelligent enough to keep them consistently ahead of their end customers’ expectations,” he added in the statement issued by Avaya.
The new capabilities from Avaya are available now and offered through the following applications:
- Avaya Aura Experience Portal 7.0 is Avaya’s market-leading application platform for omni-channel inbound and outbound self-service and contact routing applications from Avaya and Avaya DevConnect Partners. The latest release builds on the platform’s open, Web services-based architecture with support for two-way SMS and email. New zoning capabilities make it easier to localise delivery of customer care calls and reduce network charges.
- Proactive Outreach Manager brings together management of all outbound communications, from agent-based predictive dialling campaigns to automated voice, email, SMS alerts and services into a single solution managed on Avaya Aura Experience Portal. The new release supports agent-based predictive dialling with both Avaya Aura Call Center Elite and the latest release of Avaya Aura Contact Center.
- Intelligent Customer Routing helps optimise each and every interaction through real-time visibility into caller intent, cross channel interaction history and other business insights. The latest release allows even finer control based on target service levels, enterprise resources, and customer segmentation.
“Companies can no longer afford to maintain the status quo by relying on older contact centre technologies thinking the expense and disruption of an upgrade will put their operations at risk,” said Mark De La Vega, vice president and general manager of Customer Experience Management Solutions at Avaya.
“The bigger picture is that if they don’t address the changing customer demands their entire business is already at risk. Avaya enables companies to close the gap between what customers expect today and help companies build truly legendary experiences – one interaction at a time,” he added.
Two MSC companies unite on customer experience front
Branding: Simplicity and the supply chain
Consumers want smarter customer service: Avaya survey
Customer support: APAC consumers turn to video and social media
Big push by Malaysian companies on customer experience front: Avanade research
For more technology news and the latest updates, follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn or Like us on Facebook.